Muscle Pass

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Didn't want to create a new thread, so I'll just ask here.

When doing the muscle pass, is there a way to reduce the coin's "spin"?

Yes. A more powerful muscle pass. The faster it goes, the less time it has to reach it's destination. It spins less because it has less time to reach it's destination. That's what I think at least, from experience and logic with the pass:) Hopefully I'm not just spewing out garbage.:p

I also talked to a guy who said his muscle pass flew straight up, horizontally. He said it was really nacky and hard to explain, but it was worth it.

Cheers

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Also some advice. When you are praticing this awesome sleight it will cause so pain. As people say yoyu will get use to it. When the pain grows more and more take a break. Just stop doing the muscle pass for a couple of weeks. When you get back to it you will tell a big difference in your muscle pass. It will grow in height and again you to the same thing over again. You pratice for a couple of more weeks and then take a break again. Its a cycle basically.

I stop praticing this move about 6 months ago because I couldn't find my half dollar:( I think my mom as one.....I don't know I will ask her. A quick question. Is one dollar coins to small to pratice a muscle pass? I'm talking about the new ones. I think they are gold plated and have the lady liberty on it?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
No, it's not too small. But it can be more difficult with smaller coins, depending on your hands. I can muscle pass a quarter (a little, I'm not good with the MP) but I find a half dollar to be easier.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Also some advice. When you are praticing this awesome sleight it will cause so pain. As people say yoyu will get use to it. When the pain grows more and more take a break. Just stop doing the muscle pass for a couple of weeks. When you get back to it you will tell a big difference in your muscle pass. It will grow in height and again you to the same thing over again. You pratice for a couple of more weeks and then take a break again. Its a cycle basically.

Nino, you are on the right track but I do have one problem.

DON'T WAIT 2 WEEKS. 2 days is fine, I don't wait at all. I got my hand cut up and it was bleeding as I practiced. Don't follow my example. A good tip is to put peroxide on the thumb muscle skin area so it calluses very quickly. Every day pour some on it in the morning and at night. I am 3-4 weeks into it now and have 12 inches with a callus. As Nino was explaining he called it a cycle. Which it is. Like weight trainers, I they work out and the pain is that they tear the muscle when they work out. We tear our thumb muscle when we practice the muscle pass. Then after it heals the muscle is stronger. That is how body builders get so buff. So when your hand starts to hurt take a 2 day break or however long you want, but don't put it off and wait weeks. It is just my opinion but I think that is too long.
So work hard, when it hurts and your muscle is torn wait and when it heals it is buffer hence the coin goes higher. Keep it up guys.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
No, it's not too small. But it can be more difficult with smaller coins, depending on your hands. I can muscle pass a quarter (a little, I'm not good with the MP) but I find a half dollar to be easier.

Yeah I found a half dollar lying around my house so I'm going to use that.

Nino, you are on the right track but I do have one problem.

DON'T WAIT 2 WEEKS. 2 days is fine, I don't wait at all. I got my hand cut up and it was bleeding as I practiced. Don't follow my example. A good tip is to put peroxide on the thumb muscle skin area so it calluses very quickly. Every day pour some on it in the morning and at night. I am 3-4 weeks into it now and have 12 inches with a callus. As Nino was explaining he called it a cycle. Which it is. Like weight trainers, I they work out and the pain is that they tear the muscle when they work out. We tear our thumb muscle when we practice the muscle pass. Then after it heals the muscle is stronger. That is how body builders get so buff. So when your hand starts to hurt take a 2 day break or however long you want, but don't put it off and wait weeks. It is just my opinion but I think that is too long.
So work hard, when it hurts and your muscle is torn wait and when it heals it is buffer hence the coin goes higher. Keep it up guys.

I agree with you. I said two weeks cause I didn't had the time to work on my muscle pass. One day I saw my half dollar and started to pratice it agian and I saw a huge improvement. So maybe a few days of rest should do the job.

Jun 29, 2009
Saginaw, MI
The MP does make your hand sore as s**t and those that say they didn't get sore must have some crusty rough hands. I prefer the coin to flip when I muscle pass because if you are trying to do the falling up coin then the coin reflects more light when it flips and it makes the illusion mmore visible. Thats my opinion though!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results