Must-read book for all magicians

Sep 1, 2007
If you haven't, pick up and read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, by Michael Chabon. It is an amazing book about magic, among other things. It won a Pulitzer prize.

The debate about Houdini made me think of it. It definitely deserves its own thread, though.

It touches on some amazing aspects of magic and society, especially escapes.

Again, I can't recommend this book more.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Did you know that there is a comic book series following The Escapist tied in to the "Adventures" book? The Escapist fighting Nazi super-bads with magic and escapes. Pretty cool.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Thanks, Longman! I shall have to check these out.

Anyone here ever catch the cartoon "The Magician" before it was canceled in 1999? It was about a magician who fought crime using magic.

-ThrallMind

I believe that this book sounds good but may
I also recomend that anyone who wants to learn some great tricks from a very expierianced magician, pick up mark wilson's complete course in magic. The price varies from 10 to 25 dollars depending on whatr store you purchae it at.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Yeah. I saw that cartoon a couple times. Nothing compared to the hilarity that was the Siegfried & Roy cartoon back in 94. Or the Princess Tenko cartoon from about the same time. Holy smokes those were funny. For all the wrong reasons.

If you haven't, pick up and read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, by Michael Chabon. It is an amazing book about magic, among other things. It won a Pulitzer prize.

The debate about Houdini made me think of it. It definitely deserves its own thread, though.

It touches on some amazing aspects of magic and society, especially escapes.

Again, I can't recommend this book more.

sounds good, ill have to check it out. however, it sounds like a 1970s saturday morning cartoon.

Sep 1, 2007
sounds good, ill have to check it out. however, it sounds like a 1970s saturday morning cartoon.

I don't know about the other stuff that was mentioned, but it is a very adult book. It takes place during World War 2 and the Holocaust. It is about escape in many different forms.

The Pulitzer Prize don't lie...

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Yeah. I saw that cartoon a couple times. Nothing compared to the hilarity that was the Siegfried & Roy cartoon back in 94. Or the Princess Tenko cartoon from about the same time. Holy smokes those were funny. For all the wrong reasons.

Oh yes. I remember those too. Tenko and her helper people. And Sigfreid and Roy always yelling SARMOTI when they did something, then words of wisdom from them at the end. Man, cartoons rocked in the 90's. I miss them...

-ThrallMind

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results