My Big Deck Order

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Now you re going to say stuff about me because I like a deck of cards. Do not call me a fanatic not even knowing who I am. I did not say nothing about you.

I did not say that it was only the fanatics who like the decks here, but they are the very reason that you think that I am "the FIRST person to say you do not like the look or feel of these cards." You are sitting right in the middle of the T11 posse, and if T11 is your main magic haunt, of course all you hear is the loyals praising the decks. All I say is that there is much better stuff out there.

Oct 6, 2007
my world of magic
-2 black tigers <-- great for flourish, very2 bold, pick the red pips
-1 shadow master <-- the best black deck for magic purpose
-1 red masters deck <-- not worthed, i prefer tally-ho for this price
-1 ghost deck <-- very delicate, fall in love when saw it the 1st time, love them more when feel them in my hands, and the best is : it's the cheapest ellusionit custom decks (never consider masters as custom deck, only custom on aces and boxes)
-1 tally ho viper <-- not worthed, great, but too expensive
-2 propaganda decks <-- looking great, haven't feel it yet
-1 smoke deck. <-- nice, but i prefer the mirror color, more bold on backs

just my 2 cents

_WhiteLynx_

Nov 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Personally, the shadow masters are some of the nicest cards I've come across. Vipers are nothing special. Ghosts are good also. Havent tried the S/M cards yet but looking forward to it.

Nov 10, 2007
I did not say that it was only the fanatics who like the decks here, but they are the very reason that you think that I am "the FIRST person to say you do not like the look or feel of these cards." You are sitting right in the middle of the T11 posse, and if T11 is your main magic haunt, of course all you hear is the loyals praising the decks. All I say is that there is much better stuff out there.

I am sure there are better decks but what I am saying I had never read someone saying that they did not like a deck before you did Nothing against it is your opinion.

Oct 13, 2008
E decks are a waste. They look cool, but they're impractical to perform with.
Never tried Smoke or Mirrors, but I hear nothing but good things about them.
Get some Tallies and/or Wynns, and you'll be fine.

Sun|Sky

WOW dude thats a little rude dont ya think, First off T11's cards ARE definately close to perfect. There cards are very nice / cool loking also. I think you are the FIRST person to say you do not like the look or feel of these cards.

T11 Cards are one of my least favourite cards.

Split Spades, S&M are brilliant.

Centurians and Guardians are fairly poor really. Centurians are nice enough, but I really dislike Guardians. There are much better feeling cards out there.

Design wise they are alright, but the feel themselves arent as good as they say.

Your better off buying more Regular Tallys, or some Aladdins or something of the like.

I would remove everything from that list, and start again.

This is coming from someone, with a lot of cards, and a love of cards.

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
I actually really like the look of the propaganda deck. It's got a nice color scheme, and really makes me think of the classic Military Bikes. I don't care for Tiger's, because they tend to get white on the outside which can make a spectator weary if you have used them for a while.

t11 Decks, they are better than E's IMO, but remember Smoke and Mirrors are not specifically t11's. S & M's are the best decks out their that i've used.[This coming from a person who doesn't have any t11 decks. I have tried them though!] The thing I love about these decks are none of them have black faces, and make a spectator think that the deck has something to it, which undermines My Sleight of hand.

Everyone is going to have there own ideas on how a deck feels. Be it in there minds or not. Get a deck of each and find out what works. That's as simple as it gets. As for me, here's my two cents.
The black decks do look awesome, but they wear down way to quick for me. Then again WH did say he can go through a deck in a day so maybe it's just me lol.
Ghost Deck
Very good deck. Even better with the Ghost Gaff Deck.
Smoke Deck
Haven't tried either deck yet.

For me personally? I like the Black Back Tally Ho's, Guardians and Ghosts. Hope I helped.

Mar 2, 2008
DON'T get a blacktiger deck.
1.The box breaks? Yea I don't know what it is, my box for it broke (i had two of them)
2.scratch and leave white makes inwitch makes them look ugly
(same with viper)
Never held a propaganda,ghost,Shadow masters or masters.
SM is ok i guess

You should get Split Spades if any custom deck.

P.S. I hate custom decks. Not worth it, stick with bikes and tallys for florishing.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I throw these out in my order of preference, just for kicks, by feel, if it helps you at all.

Best - Smoke and Mirrors (they are the same)
Tally's
Split Spades

HUGE GAP BETWEEN THE CARDS ABOVE AND THE CARDS BELOW

E-Cards (Ghosts, Black Ghosts, SM, Masters, Tigers, Vipers. They are all made EXACTLY the same way with the same finish, just different looks. And even the black cards start to look cool when worn, assuming you don't abuse them, they just start to look even creepier. AND I have never even heard of the box breaking, it's cardboard for crying out loud and should have no impact to you on the feel of cards)
Centurions
Bikes
Guardians
1800 Series

Again, all IMO, Guardians and 1800 series feel cheap and gross, and warp terrible. Cents are a better card all around, and feel better than Bikes, but not by a while lot. E Cards are a lot different and far more durable, but they are really odd to handle being so thick and stiff, Split Spades are nice quality, Tally's are probably your best "bang for your buck", and Smoke and Mirrors are just heavenly. Again, this is by feel, looks is a whole other story.

AND I have never even heard of the box breaking, it's cardboard for crying out loud and should have no impact to you on the feel of cards)

Ok, it doesn't have a huge effect on the way the cards handle. But when you put the cards away for the first time and they fall through the bottom and hit the floor, they tend to get scratched. (Yes it's happened to me, and yes I felt stupid lol) It's not huge, but for the price of the deck that shouldn't happen.

May 9, 2008
E Decks are Great!

Ghosts, Black Ghosts, Shadow Masters, Masters, Tigers, Vipers, are all very nice! But I have to disagree when you say they are exactly the same in terms of feel. To me they all feel different and have subtle differences.

Ghosts are pretty thin. Shadow masters have a different, but excellent feel, a little thicker than Ghosts. Black Ghosts 2nd editions are very thick, probably the thickest E deck that I own. Tigers are very nice for XCM, very similar to Ghosts. Vipers are pretty good, although the metalic ink wears off. They do last for a very very long time.

I have been using the same deck of vipers as a practice deck for about a year, and although ink is wearing off, they still fan AMAZINGLY, they arm spread amazingly, they stick together very well, they cut very well, and do aireals very well. They are Tally-Hos after all.

My Shadow Masters are also an amazing deck and have lasted a long time. They still fan tremendously well.

Masters Edition feel much differently than Shadow Masters, but they are really excellent cards. If you like to use a deck that is familiar to everyone, but has a much better feel than normal bikes, this is your deck. I know some people say that they'd rather have Tally-Hos for the price, and while I see your point, I just don't like the look of them as much as Bikes. Maybe I'm just sentimental.

Whoever said E Decks are not practical for performances, who are you trying to kid? These are some of the best decks on the market. They all handle amazingly, and last a long time. I'm purchasing S&M and Split Spades and Propaganda tonight, I can't wait to try them to see if they live up to the hype.

Nov 19, 2008
I do not like E decks, they are bulky and do not fan nicely the only E deck I like is Ghost. My all time favorites are smoke and mirrors. I am planning on getting some propaganda.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Ugg... Not to start an argument, but buy brand new E decks, and lay them unused side by side. They are the same thickness. Ghosts (which you say are thin) and black ghosts (which you say are thick) are both thick, in fact, any difference is not measurable. Trust me, I own LOADS of E cards, they were all i used until I found S&M. I have killed dozens of E decks over the past year and a half. Variations, and especially variations of feel, are flukes or differences in the wearing of the cards. The exact same cardstock and the exact same finish are applied. If you had a bad deck, it is probably from your own greasy hands holding them and ruining them right out of the box. If you don't ruin them via humidity, dirt or grease, they all fan better than your average card and work well enough for most purposes. If you are a person inclined to spring cards or do similar things, these cards are terrible for it at first because they are thicker, but they can be broken in.

When you pay money at E for cards, you already know what your new cards will feel like, they are the same. If they come and feel sticky, let them sit for a few days and get the humidity from shipping out of them. You buy the design at E. The same paper, colored, then the same finish.

But at the same time, I don't know why I argue this. They are still sub-par. If you want cool looking decks for certain reasons, then go buy them, they are above average and you will get your moneys worth. If you are actually looking for performance and durability in a card, you won't even be looking on E's website. You will be here or at dananddave.com looking at Smoke and Mirrors. Thinner, while more snappy and durable. Better finish, better cardstock, smoother fans, better response. If I am just out and about, I carry S&M. If I got to do a show, then I will bring a bag that has all the e-cards and t-11 cards, plus loads of others, just for options, but hands down the best quality is not from E, or directly from T11 either. If you have not tried them, do it. They have been the best investment I have made in magic so far. They last for ages, look sharp, and perform when you need them to.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
cough cough see name. cough. i dont own many decks of cards. go with the cards that you think look and feel the best. its all personal opinion. if you like a deck and it will inspire you to do great magic, get that deck. i would try the ones that you think look cool to you and dont listen to other peoples opinion. for this at least.

cough cough see name. cough. i dont own many decks of cards. go with the cards that you think look and feel the best. its all personal opinion. if you like a deck and it will inspire you to do great magic, get that deck. i would try the ones that you think look cool to you and dont listen to other peoples opinion. for this at least.

Damn it, I agree. Well said ::claps::

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results