My birthday show

Jan 18, 2008
memphis,tn
Hey guys,
On Saturday I am going to have my birthday party.I am really excited because I am going to have a magic show. Here are the tricks in order.

1-ACR
2- Witness
3-indecent
4- Thuumbtip hankey vanish
5-Invivible deck
6 spongeball routine
7-sinful
8- haunted deck
9- Paid in full ( Kammagic)
10- ashes on arm
11- card in bottle
12-mindbender

tell me what you think!

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
It seems a bit random to me. Do you have a way to connect all of these effects? I'm not disapproving your lineup, but it's better to have a way to flow into the next effect.

In my opinion, the order should go:

1-ACR
2- Invisible Deck
3-haunted deck
4- Thuumbtip hankey vanish
5-Witness
6 Indecent
7-Card in Bottle
8- Paid in full ( Kammagic)
8- Spongeballs
9- ashes on arm
10- sinful
11-mindbender

If you don't mind, I also made a list that doesn't have some of your original stuff.

1- ACR
2-Haunted Deck
3-Invisible Deck
4-Ashes on Arm
5- Card in Bottle
6-Witness/ Indecent (interchangeable)
7- Mindbender

What you can also do is perform Sinful after Mindbender, talking about how you can warp metal as well as paper. The reason I only used cards for the other routine is because I am most comfortable with them and can think of ways to put them together.

David

Jan 5, 2008
Drury Lane
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

Now onto the tricks.
Well yes, I agree with d4v1dm15n3r, the order is quite random. Here's how I set up a routine.

1. First, catch the audience's attention. -2nd best trick
2. Keep them interested. -4th best
3. Stay at a constant level -5th
4. Make sure they're paying attention. -3rd best
5. The finisher. Blow their minds. -Your BEST trick.

I like to build up a performance. I say... start out with
The Vanishing Hankey - to make the audience think this'll just be another magic show
But then, BAM.
Freak them out with a killer affect.

It's really your choice.
And it's your party.
But don't just make it a normal party.

mm~

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Also, the audience can only take so much. Having that many "closer" effects that kill goes too far and ruins it. You need to build up, and having all of those high level tricks prohibits you from doing that.

Remember this: An effect should always be better than those before it.

David

Jan 18, 2008
memphis,tn
Thanks guys, that helps alot. Its just that all that my friends have seen is cards during school. Im hoping to show them that i also do other types of magic. i will consider taking off a few effects, but i was trying to put cards then somehing else, that way i can switch decks for that trick. Also, I am trying to put the tricks in an order so im not picking up cards so i can do another trick.
but thanks guys for your help!

Sep 2, 2007
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAG to many trick's.

I'm surprised YOU have to do a magic show for YOUR birthday. Anyway It seemed liked you had them in a very random order. Like david said, you should keep them so you can move into the next effect.

Honestly, I think that three trick's would suffice pretty well. But that's my opnion.

P.S: I would keep the ACR to the last part because the closer to an ACR is usually a real killer

Oct 21, 2007
too many tricks, and they seem quite random... and personaly i hate mindbender, and i would not end my routine with it at all, or even use it in any situaltion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results