My Coin Magic

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
Hey guys,

I thought I'd share some of the coin magic I've learned.
I'm slowly learning how to edit videos better.

[video=youtube;6xO-KziWgU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xO-KziWgU4[/video]

Comments and critiques are most definitely welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 6, 2008
I just started coin magic, and your video was very good!. Nice skills. I see you have put a lot of effort.

Jan 19, 2009
love this... inspired me into looking more into this sort of coin magic!.... where did you learn all of this from ? :)

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
Thanks :) I'm glad I've inspired people to look more into coin magic.
Well let's see.
Chaplain colour shirt sequence:
- Coin production is my own move inspired by the capricorn change from Revolutionay Coin Magic by Jay Sankey. Also inspired by Homer Liwag
- The muscle pass. Number of good sources.

Black shirt
- the first colour change is something that I played around with. I got the idea from the Nabil change, which I didn't like because of the closed nature. I felt this was more open, you can also reload the coin to do the change once more with this change.
- standard spellbound

Mini shirt
- Basic hand washing technique for the production, not sure where I learned it. The production itself I learned from Cointwo by Homer Liwag.
- The "coin jumps" was something I learned from an Al Schnieder DVD. I believe it was called the SnapBack move. Basically just a different retention vanish grip.
- The final disappearance was inspired by Ponta, I love his use of the curl palm. I can't "balance" palm very well, so I opted for the curl palm.

Purple shirt
- Jay Sankey's flying shuttle
- Eric Jone's S.V.C.A. (Spectator's Visible Coins Across) from Mirage et Trois. Last sequence is what I'm doing except I added a few more back to back sequences just for the camera, as well as habit.

That's about it :) I've always loved dynamic coin magic and I felt that it's really hard to capture coin magic in front of a camera and make it look "good". I thought that this would look nice for the camera.
Can't say I use this stuff outside the camera however :(
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

love this... inspired me into looking more into this sort of coin magic!.... where did you learn all of this from ? :)

Jan 19, 2009
Thanks :) I'm glad I've inspired people to look more into coin magic.
Well let's see.
Chaplain colour shirt sequence:
- Coin production is my own move inspired by the capricorn change from Revolutionay Coin Magic by Jay Sankey. Also inspired by Homer Liwag
- The muscle pass. Number of good sources.

Black shirt
- the first colour change is something that I played around with. I got the idea from the Nabil change, which I didn't like because of the closed nature. I felt this was more open, you can also reload the coin to do the change once more with this change.
- standard spellbound

Mini shirt
- Basic hand washing technique for the production, not sure where I learned it. The production itself I learned from Cointwo by Homer Liwag.
- The "coin jumps" was something I learned from an Al Schnieder DVD. I believe it was called the SnapBack move. Basically just a different retention vanish grip.
- The final disappearance was inspired by Ponta, I love his use of the curl palm. I can't "balance" palm very well, so I opted for the curl palm.

Purple shirt
- Jay Sankey's flying shuttle
- Eric Jone's S.V.C.A. (Spectator's Visible Coins Across) from Mirage et Trois. Last sequence is what I'm doing except I added a few more back to back sequences just for the camera, as well as habit.

That's about it :) I've always loved dynamic coin magic and I felt that it's really hard to capture coin magic in front of a camera and make it look "good". I thought that this would look nice for the camera.
Can't say I use this stuff outside the camera however :(
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

this is what i love to see around here. people getting whole heartly 'in love' with the magic wanting to share the experiance, i did not even know some of those moves you spoke about here today but to be honest i think i might do a video like this (sion the same concept crediting you of corse) this was truly amazing and i have not checked out coin two i think i might buy it

thanks for the help

[video=youtube;zVaK6u416_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVaK6u416_k[/video]

Sorry for my 'dirty' Sleeving method by Dr. Roberts. Blame it all on my jacket..(^^)
This one is from Ponta The Smith One Coin Routine..
First trial on video shoot...
Hope you guys can help me 'clean' it up for the benefit of the human kind.. haha.. I mean 'The Believers'...
All critics are very most welcome...
for my sake or nothing..
Thanks!!
Snapp!!

Jun 25, 2010
England
[video=youtube;zVaK6u416_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVaK6u416_k[/video]

Sorry for my 'dirty' Sleeving method by Dr. Roberts. Blame it all on my jacket..(^^)
This one is from Ponta The Smith One Coin Routine..
First trial on video shoot...
Hope you guys can help me 'clean' it up for the benefit of the human kind.. haha.. I mean 'The Believers'...
All critics are very most welcome...
for my sake or nothing..
Thanks!!
Snapp!!

I would say slow it down a touch, looks a tad bit rushed and some areas could do with a little more practice but in general its looking good :)

@ Cyril
I really like your coin productions! Its something I just can't get to look right lol.
Good music too.

Jan 16, 2011
This is amazing and inspiring. Almost wants me to put away cards for a while and break out the Bobo book. Maybe even visit Homer Liwag's CoinTwo.....Good job Cyril!!!!

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
trycon: Thanks.
I rarely use productions though in real life. Sad. lol.
Yeah, it's from a good album that I enjoy.
Psephopaiktes: Thanks, original? Not really. It's just bits and pieces for the camera.
Your coin techniques are pretty solid. But slow it down.
It really depends honestly, if you're doing it for a live audience, you'd naturally slow it down to interact with people.
But even if it was for the camera, I'd advised to slow it down. The bad thing about "coins appearing here and there" sort of routines is that it gets very confusing for the spectator.
Also, feel free to make your own thread of your coin magic, that's what the forums are here for.

Harry Potter: Thanks. It's a good look. It gets the fingers warmed up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results