My coin vanish... Evolution

Aug 31, 2007
I don't understand the point of this post? If it is to show off a new sleight that you have been working on thats great, but it seems that it is leaning more towards the "I bet you can't figure it out... but keep trying." Put your coin vanish in a routine and then show it, rather then this cat and mouse game you are doing.

BTW i'm not trying to bash your post, the video does look good.

Sypris

I don't understand the point of this post? If it is to show off a new sleight that you have been working on thats great, but it seems that it is leaning more towards the "I bet you can't figure it out... but keep trying." Put your coin vanish in a routine and then show it, rather then this cat and mouse game you are doing.

BTW i'm not trying to bash your post, the video does look good.

Sypris

My intention was not for this to becoming a guessign thread. I even said if you do have any guesses to PM me.

im not sure whats the point in selling a single coin vanish, without a routine its... well just another coin vanish. its hard to give any advice on orinailty without knowing the method, so you might want to confide in someone knowledge in the matter, i can offer you some names if you like.

im not sure whats the point in selling a single coin vanish, without a routine its... well just another coin vanish. its hard to give any advice on orinailty without knowing the method, so you might want to confide in someone knowledge in the matter, i can offer you some names if you like.

This coin vanish can be used however you want it to. Its your imagination use it however it appeals to you.

Aug 31, 2007
You ask if we think this is good enough to be marketed.

Three things:
- The practicality issue, but you've already adressed that in other posts.

- DO RESEARCH! There have been a lot of releases lately of 'old, but forgotten or revamped' principles, which turned out to be either crap or someone else's work. Contact some knowledgeable people, have them look at it (yes, method too), so you might find out about any similar ideas. Even though you may not have used them for inspiration, it'd still be nice. And should the exact same idea already have been published, then congrats on thinking it up yourself! :)

- Third, a general statement. In the last few months, a slew of products has hit or almost hit the market by several kids (by that I mean 14 or 15 year olds). One did it just to get some attention, then wisely decided to back down.
Another, who goes by the name of Dan Army (gentlemen, start your search engines) has released several items and is now widely disliked (I'll keep it clean).

This is not a statement against young people coming up with their own stuff, rather an advice FOR them. Keep it to yourself, what's the rush? Let it soak, grow and develop, come up with more ideas, nurture your creativity. Rushing to get your name 'out there' isn;t always a good thing.

i understand that, but what makes this different then the other thousand methods thats what im asking. its one thing to publish it in a magizine or in a book of material but to charge someone 10 bucks or whatever id want to ask myself what about this will add to whats already been done.

also its very possiable to recreate somthing already in text. such as the crimp change for example turned out to be demache chanage from like 1902. gotta do the homework

You ask if we think this is good enough to be marketed.

Three things:
- The practicality issue, but you've already adressed that in other posts.

- DO RESEARCH! There have been a lot of releases lately of 'old, but forgotten or revamped' principles, which turned out to be either crap or someone else's work. Contact some knowledgeable people, have them look at it (yes, method too), so you might find out about any similar ideas. Even though you may not have used them for inspiration, it'd still be nice. And should the exact same idea already have been published, then congrats on thinking it up yourself! :)

- Third, a general statement. In the last few months, a slew of products has hit or almost hit the market by several kids (by that I mean 14 or 15 year olds). One did it just to get some attention, then wisely decided to back down.
Another, who goes by the name of Dan Army (gentlemen, start your search engines) has released several items and is now widely disliked (I'll keep it clean).

This is not a statement against young people coming up with their own stuff, rather an advice FOR them. Keep it to yourself, what's the rush? Let it soak, grow and develop, come up with more ideas, nurture your creativity. Rushing to get your name 'out there' isn;t always a good thing.

Ive researched believe me and i havnt found a vanish tahts done like mine.

In terms of marketing, the Theory11 forums are probably not the best place to be.

Why don't you invest in, rent, or borrow a decent camera and a tripod. Film the effect from multiple angles and distances. be honest in terms of the tricks specifications and definitely your research. Go through J.J. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic and see if your sleights are taught there. Give your video to markets like MJM and Penguin and see what they have to say.

Let's assume your effect is flawless, new, and practical. That does nothing if you don't properly, effectively, and honestly market it. Why not keep the secret to yourself for a year or two to build some interest and see what the reactions are?

My $00.02

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
^^ Am I seeing double???
^^ Am I seeing double???

anyway.... very, very nice vanish!!! Would be better if you slowed it down and let the audience absorb the effect. Sell it at Ellusionist - Brad Christian is willing to make and sell a 30 minute DVD on a single sleight (like Shapeshifter - more of a utility/slight/colour change than a full on trick/effect) or trick (think Revolution) no problems....

Sep 1, 2007
first video:(this is sarcastic): either you dropped it, or you're a witch!

second video:I think I figured it out, how long did it take to perfect?
and how long did it take to get it down good?

first video:(this is sarcastic): either you dropped it, or you're a witch!

second video:I think I figured it out, how long did it take to perfect?
and how long did it take to get it down good?

No i dont drop it lol. And im not saying anything along the lines of me being a witch o_O lol. But it really only took me about 20 minutes to completly perfect it. It took me muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch longer than that to make the method though

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results