My first magic act

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
Well if can't figure out by the title I had performed my very first stage magic act last night for my college student showcase. There were roughly 30 or so people in the audience so I was just a bit scared. My routine conisted of 5 tricks Bowling from Shock FX, Professors Nightmare, Goalmine from Max Mavens Video Mind, The Iron Garrote by Peter Loughran, and Distortion. Overall I thought I did pretty good I made the audience laugh. Only one trick went bad and I knew which one but I never acted as if it did. The best tricks were easily Bowling and Distortion. The poor guy that volunteered for Distortion I think I had fried his brain after I started the pips to move. Thankfully everything was recorded last night. It was good times. And right after it was all done one of the audience members asked if I would perform this feburuary at a boy scout camp. Pretty neat eh?

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
The Iron Garrote was the one that went wrong. My dad even told me he figured something went wrong but like the professional I am I pretended as nothing happened. Thankfully enough it wasn't my closer and Distortion was. It sure as heck made people forget all about The Iron Garrote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if can't figure out by the title I had performed my very first stage magic act last night for my college student showcase. There were roughly 30 or so people in the audience so I was just a bit scared. My routine conisted of 5 tricks Bowling from Shock FX, Professors Nightmare, Goalmine from Max Mavens Video Mind, The Iron Garrote by Peter Loughran, and Distortion. Overall I thought I did pretty good I made the audience laugh. Only one trick went bad and I knew which one but I never acted as if it did. The best tricks were easily Bowling and Distortion. The poor guy that volunteered for Distortion I think I had fried his brain after I started the pips to move. Thankfully everything was recorded last night. It was good times. And right after it was all done one of the audience members asked if I would perform this feburuary at a boy scout camp. Pretty neat eh?

Sounds awesome! Sounds like a nice set list. Bowling is definately a nice effect. Distortion as well. It's good to hear that not much went wrong. Some people get too nervous, and do a horrible show on their first try (I did:D). I got hired to do a show at a Boy Scout Camping trip as well! Co-winky-dink?

Anthony Bass

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results