My First Real World Performance

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
First off, congrats on getting up the nerve to actually go up to someone and show them some magic. It took me a long while to finally get the nerve to go up to a group of people I had never met before and ask them if they wanted to see any magic. BUT- the first time you get it right and get that reaction you want you'll be hooked.

Just keep at it,

-Matt

Sep 1, 2007
Well done for taking a very scary step. Now you need to take it again...and again...and again, always reviewing afterwards and practising constantly.

2CM is not the best opener in my opinion. Something simpler in effect and execution would serve as an ice breaker for you. For instance, the classic "try to find a selected card, fail and then make good on it" plot is a classic. This, if well recieved, will relax your spectators enough to start getting away with more sophisticated effects requiring good attention management skills.

Keep it up, your first time always sucks - as with many things in life!

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
I posted this thread both here and at Ellusionist and I was amazed at some particualr comments. There were certain people who would say that what I did was cool because they have never done it before. It's funny because one of the reasons I felt a need to do it because I was under the assumption that every magician, once he masters his skill in sleights, would perform out in the open. I performed thinking that everyone else does. When I received these comments, I was truly stunned and it made me more proud of myself (not in an arrogant way). I will definitely continue to do this.:D

Sep 1, 2007
I posted this thread both here and at Ellusionist and I was amazed at some particualr comments. There were certain people who would say that what I did was cool because they have never done it before. It's funny because one of the reasons I felt a need to do it because I was under the assumption that every magician, once he masters his skill in sleights, would perform out in the open. I performed thinking that everyone else does. When I received these comments, I was truly stunned and it made me more proud of myself (not in an arrogant way). I will definitely continue to do this.:D

Bingo.

Many magicians on Ellusionist, sorry but it is kind of a beginner website, actually perform for family members only, or close friends, but performing for a stranger, is a very big step, and a big step ahead of a lot of magicians. Be proud of yourself (in an arrogant way) and know what your doing is advanced, and make it unique.

you hit the nail on the head kid.

~Beans

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results