My name is ethan!

Oct 29, 2012
This is kinda copying Cardtrickster but idc. My name is Ethan (Or Ethinzz). I love all magic but mostly cards (gimmicked or un). I live in PA. I have a big family. Im awesome. I have been doing magic for 8 years. My Youtube channel is called TheMarroonMind ..I only have 18 vids and 25 subs...But almost 500 vid views. Check me out.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hi Ethan,
Welcome to Theory11. We are a great community of magicians ranging from hobbyists to full time working professionals here. Enjoy looking around our website and reading through our forum threads. Build a network of friends and learn from those around you. The Wire has a ton of free and affordable effects that you may want to download at your own leisure. I know you seem to already pride yourself on youtube views, which is great, but many of us here believe in "going out and actually performing for live crowds and getting into the trenches so to speak". Learn to take constructive criticism here as well if you want to grow professionally. Most of all though...HAVE FUN HERE.

Jan 22, 2012
Hey dude, Welcome to the forums! This is a really great community and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here. People like Rick Everhart, William Draven, RealityOne and Craig Browning have great tips from experience and many other do as well. Now I know that getting the most YouTube views seems really cool and fun but magic is meant to be performed for real people and not the webcam. Not saying that you shouldn't perform for YouTube, but just a thought in your head that you should also perform for friends and stuff. Glad to have you here on the forums!

Oct 29, 2012
Yea...Ive known about Theory11 for about a year and have looked all around the site but never really got into the forums. I recently last month went into them and signed up..I only posted a couple of times and i entered saturdays, SNC. I do preform for live people but i enjoy filming and showing on yt.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Yea...Ive known about Theory11 for about a year and have looked all around the site but never really got into the forums. I recently last month went into them and signed up..I only posted a couple of times and i entered saturdays, SNC. I do preform for live people but i enjoy filming and showing on yt.

ENTER: Grumpy Old Guy

One of the things about forums is that you get perspective from guys that have been around the block a few times; most of whom are quite generous but likewise a hint "crusty" and direct, which brings me to the issue here -- one does not perform for cameras or virtual audiences; you might do a trick and show off, but you're not learning anything nor are you delivering anything that sets you apart from the other 1,001 slobs doing the same thing. So it's time to grow up. . .

I don't believe in accidents or coincidence, everything happens for a reason and when it is the right time for it to happen. Your stepping into the forums at this point in your life happened because you know, deep down inside, that you need both, guidance and a swift boot in your bum if you are to improve and progress as a showman.

Yes, Youtube has helped launch many talented people into the limelight, but most of those that have known such benefits had live show/performance experience. But let's look at this in a more self-serving manner; by getting out and doing material for live audiences and filming that interaction, you will be able to generate stronger likability and in turn, your channel will gain more fans and so on.

I know this seems like a rough "welcome" but everyone will tell you that my growls are not meant to be mean or cruel, I simply want people to do the best they can when it comes to delivering solid magic and fulfilling their dreams around it.

Nov 16, 2012
This is kinda copying Cardtrickster but idc. My name is Ethan (Or Ethinzz). I love all magic but mostly cards (gimmicked or un). I live in PA. I have a big family. Im awesome. I have been doing magic for 8 years. My Youtube channel is called TheMarroonMind ..I only have 18 vids and 25 subs...But almost 500 vid views. Check me out.

Hey welcome! We are both new around here :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results