My video project concept...

Jul 15, 2011
Davis, Ca
So I am working with a friend of mine on a magic/film studies project. I am trying to come up with ideas to do magic short films of things that may seem mundane, and he is trying implement different filming techniques. We still have a lot of planning and work ahead of us, but this is my first video of my project. Apologies for the shakiness in the vid but I hope you guys like it. Any comments would be appreciated because we want to do better for future videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpsg0jGd68o

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Im no expert on this stuff but I liked it. I think as you mentioned the shakiness is a bit of a problem, but you realise that so I assume you'll work on fixing it in the future :). There's one thing that I noticed though, more of a personal thing but I didn't like how you seemed to be moving closer when the angle changed, like at 10 seconds, it seemed to much like you were walking towards the subject which seems sort of odd because when you walk, you move from one leg to the other which causes the camera to shake a tiny bit, instead you could try to zoom or whatever you did to change angles like you did the one at 0:33. That looks a whole lot smoother in my opinion. Also, if you could get a better camera or just give the video more of a feel to it, if you know what I mean, like right now it looks like a standard video but if you look at this the colours really compliment the chilled out feel of the video. For example even the Harry Potter films, there's something about the video that gives it that dark gory look.Forgive me if Im not using the proper terminology :p. Hope this helps.

- Jenai

Jul 15, 2011
Davis, Ca
my friend was holding the camera up close at that time, and yeah i understand the aesthetics problem of it too. We are gonna work on that on the next video. But given the lack of equipment, we did the best that we could with the lighting because the sun was setting outside, which affected the light inside. But yeah, we will work on these problems for future videos!

Thank you for your input! it really does help :)

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
Thought it was neat man. I liked it. Fun quick little piece for sure.

edit: HOW DID YOU GET THAT MANY VIEWS WITH ONLY 6 SUBSCRIBERS?! JEEZ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
I mean you have like 6 subscribers yet your vid had 1600 views when I looked at it and it hasn't been out a month. That's pretty impressive to me. You must be some kind of internet magician as well as sandwich cookies :p

Jul 15, 2011
Davis, Ca
haha, I do roam the internets a lot. I am planning on doing a re-do of the cookie video, as well as another one hopefully this weekend...if jury duty does not screw me over. But yeah, I'll upload it when it's good and done. And if you like my videos so far, subscribe :) I really want to make it a series, and hopefully in the future, I would have local magicians or even famous magicians be a part of it if they are up for it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results