Name of this stage effect

Feb 10, 2013
Hi, I was wondering what is the name of the effect that Mark Shortland performed on Fool Us? I am not looking for his specific version of the effect, but what is the "classic" version for this type of trick or plot called?

Sep 2, 2007
London
It's a version of "Just Chance", which became known as "Bank Night" when marketed in the US. There are many different variations on this, in many different mentalism texts and videos so you've got a lot of resources if you want to start working on this. Have fun!

Feb 10, 2013
Oh, okay. I always thought it was something different from "Bank Night" plots, maybe because I am familiar with in-the-hands types of the trick where sneaky things can happen with the envelopes behind the scenes. I guess seeing it on a table made me think it was different. Thanks a lot.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
There are several versions of Bank Night that don't require some of the antics most of us expect. You might want to look up the original Paul Stockman DVD (sorry, I've forgotten the name, but it came out before the Impossible Envelope material). Paul has a variation on Bank Night that is priceless!

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
Oz Pearlman has a dvd teaching a similar effect. It's called "A Sucker is Born Every Minute." I think i saw it on PenguinMagic for around $20 if you are interested.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results