Name of this trick please!

Mar 9, 2014
If anyone could give me the name of the trick, or explain how to do this trick, I would be forever grateful! Thanks a lot!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz9026h8esc[/video]

Mar 9, 2014
would you mind posting a video explaining how you would do the trick? I told my teacher (he showed me it) that I would figure it out for him by tomorrow, and after hours and hours of googling around, I have turned up nothing. Thanks a lot!

Sep 2, 2007
London
would you mind posting a video explaining how you would do the trick? I told my teacher (he showed me it) that I would figure it out for him by tomorrow, and after hours and hours of googling around, I have turned up nothing. Thanks a lot!

Sorry Blast, that's not really the done thing among magicians! We call it "exposure", which sometimes seems like a bit of a nebulous concept, but it basically means revealing magic secrets in an inappropriate way. My advice would be to pick up a basic book on card magic. The Royal Road to Card Magic by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue is the classic beginner's text, and, while I don't think the exact trick you describe is taught in there, all the pieces you would need to put it together are.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm afraid I'm not even going to obtusely give you the method, unlike certain people who first profess to hold the magician's code and then can't resist showing off their knowledge.

It's a basic trick though. Unless I'm wildly mistaken by your description, the method used is taught in Royal Road, but not necessarily this exact trick. If you're interested in learning magic, start there. If you're just searching for the method - enjoy the mystery. There's precious little of it in this world.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results