Name of this trick

Mar 9, 2008
ok so i saw my friend perform a trick in front of me and i had some idea how to do it.
i've edited this so everyone can get a clearer idea. My friend spreads out the deck and i choose a card from the bottom half of the deck, he squares up the cards and holds it in mechanics grip, he pushes the card half way through the deck and shows me its half way through the middle, he pushes it in and waves his hand over the top and suddenly its on top. There were no duplicates in the deck and he didn't do a pass and he didn't do the ambitious card. Hope this is clearer =)
Does anyone know what this trick is called and where i can learn it.

Last edited by a moderator:

adc

Elite Member
Dec 2, 2007
svengali or forcing deck. Or the final alternative...real magic.

Sep 1, 2007
There are hundreds of ways to accomplish that effect. It is completely possible that he is using a double lift or some kind of shift that you are not aware of.

Mar 9, 2008
there was no double lift because i put the card half way in the deck and it is a legite deck because i checked afterwards

Feb 2, 2008
U got suckered into a force
and there was a dupe on top?

dude, there's too many ways to accomplish this
unless we c a video, we cannot help u

Sep 3, 2007
You have effectively described the basic concept that defines the ambitious card routine: card goes in middle, ends up on top. Like everybody else has stated before, and as I'm sure you know, there are a million ways to accomplish it. I, like many others, feel your description is incomplete; there's something missing. Magic exploits the imperfections of memory in that when people recreate effects in their mind, memory says they're a lot more impossible than they really are.

My guess? Le Paul's Bluff Pass. And then maybe a KM move to clean up.
Or, if he put it in rather than you, a Marlo move.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results