Need advice *beginner*

Dec 7, 2010
Hey guys,

i have learned the ambitious card from the crash course, also, i have oz pearlman's born to perform. so i can do the biddle trick, and i mainly do his AC routine. however, i don't do the transpo since i don't like using multiple cards.

i was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for dvds that does plain sleight of hand, no trick decks, or extra cards.

thanks!

For any serious magician, I would recommend the Card College series. There is enough material in there to last you for years. Pick through it and find moves that you like and soon enough, you will have a set of sleights to work with. Not only do you get almost every sleight known to man, but you also get tricks at the end of every section. Way better than any DVD. Hands down.

Jul 13, 2010
For any serious magician, I would recommend the Card College series. There is enough material in there to last you for years. Pick through it and find moves that you like and soon enough, you will have a set of sleights to work with. Not only do you get almost every sleight known to man, but you also get tricks at the end of every section. Way better than any DVD. Hands down.
I second that.
Card College 1 + 2 is available on DVD (although I prefer the books).
I also like the RRTCM DVD set by R. Paul Wilson.

Oct 26, 2009
When I started doing magic a friend taught me trick with 3 jacks. Effect - You put 1 jack in the middle, 1 on top, 1 on the bottom(Like 3 brothers one went to hell, one to heaven on came back to the earth) and after spectator cuts the deck they meet again together... It was very simple trick to do no sleight of hand involved, but got even bigger reactions, then I got from Ultimate Transpo... I did that trick for like 3 months, and at the same time I thought that I created that trick, where bottom card is reversed and for some reason it looks like you put card normally in the deck... Basically I didn`t know that there were such a things as magic book and DVD`s, Personally I think Card College is for more advanced card magicians, soI suggest doing simple mathematical tricks, at the same time practicing all the grips, lifts and moves so when you feel like you done those moves like 3127 times you can start practicing tricks, which involve sleight of hand - advantage of that you will pick them up in no time and at the same time you will impress a lot people with mathematical tricks, by focusing on presentation!
Source - ebook 110 Amazing magic tricks with everyday objects! That would be(and it was) my starting point!
Hope it helps!

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
T11

I higly recommend 5xSpeed, Sloppy Shuffle Triumph (I uploaded a performance to the media section, check it out) and Pressure (Its not with cards). I also like the Daniel Garcia Project, but youll need a lot of practise for some tricks... I would get the 6th one, its my favourite one, although the 2nd and 4th are also incredible.

I hope youve found something interesting!

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Hey guys,

i have learned the ambitious card from the crash course, also, i have oz pearlman's born to perform. so i can do the biddle trick, and i mainly do his AC routine. however, i don't do the transpo since i don't like using multiple cards.

i was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for dvds that does plain sleight of hand, no trick decks, or extra cards.

thanks!
you want tricks with or without table ?

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Dr. Daley's last trick is very nice if you want something like Ultimate transpo with out dupes. It has the advantage that all the cards are openly removed from the deck.

John Bannon's Bullets After Dark is a great DVD with very little sleight of hand but amazing effects. Some require a set up though but are well worth it.

Dec 7, 2010
oh yes, i forgot about the RRTCM dvd series. i have that those too. however, i'm looking for sleights instead of just simple tricks. so a dvd that teaches all the sleights would be my main focus. i guess the Card College series would be good for me then?

Sep 1, 2007
The Card College series is a comprehensive book set detailing card magic from self-working concepts to knuckle-busting sleight of hand. It's a steep investment, but very complete. That said, you also look into getting a copy of the Encyclopedia of Card Tricks or Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. I know you're trying to focus on sleight of hand, but all the sleights in the world won't do you any good if you're not simultaneously learning how to apply them.

nremtb

Elite Member
Oct 27, 2010
Look into Jason england on here. He has several videos on card sleights plus foundations one and two.
Aaron Fischer has Card Fundamentals one and two as well.

Dec 17, 2010
U can have the book series called "Hugard card manipulation part 1-5".It's pure sleight of hand.Believe me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results