Need advice on "Hand-to-Hand Spread"

May 23, 2016
Italy
I've been practicing this flourish from a couple of days now and this is what I got.

If someone with experience could tell me his opinion (on my execution of the flourish) and give me some feedback I'd really appreciate it.

May 23, 2016
Italy
I don't understand why nobody replies to this post is there something wrong? Did I choose the wrong section for ask this?

May 28, 2013
are you trying to spread them in the hands? like this:

im practicing it right now, i can tell is sometimes i do it well and sometimes not.
ttry to do it fast. slow doesnt work that well. and make sure ur cards not sticky. if you fan them and they are even you are good. and practice

Reactions: Bart D
Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
I'd say you worry too much. While having feedback is very important, never underestimate the power of self-improvement.
I can see you're new to the card world, and a lot of things will seems hard, unnatural, or just ugly.
This is normal, cause you haven't got into the habit of manipulate the cards yet, take your time, some moves will come after a week, some after a month, some the moment after you seen them.
Watch youself at the mirror and see if you like how you do, watch people you like and try to mimic them.
The point is breaking the uncomfortable regione where you feel the "i'm-too-stiff", and make it comfortable as anything else you do natural.
Neurons have yet to make the connection that will concretely turn practise into habit, and when you'll hold a deck, you'll naturally spread, dribble, fan, pass, ambitious riser, 5 packet cut, and everything else.
That applies to everything!

May 23, 2016
Italy
are you trying to spread them in the hands? like this:

im practicing it right now, i can tell is sometimes i do it well and sometimes not.
ttry to do it fast. slow doesnt work that well. and make sure ur cards not sticky. if you fan them and they are even you are good. and practice

I wasn't trying to do this, actually, it's the same technique but meant to keep the flow of the cards moving, like in a Conveyor Belt (but thanks for the reply)

May 23, 2016
Italy
I'd say you worry too much. While having feedback is very important, never underestimate the power of self-improvement.
I can see you're new to the card world, and a lot of things will seems hard, unnatural, or just ugly.
This is normal, cause you haven't got into the habit of manipulate the cards yet, take your time, some moves will come after a week, some after a month, some the moment after you seen them.
Watch youself at the mirror and see if you like how you do, watch people you like and try to mimic them.
The point is breaking the uncomfortable regione where you feel the "i'm-too-stiff", and make it comfortable as anything else you do natural.
Neurons have yet to make the connection that will concretely turn practise into habit, and when you'll hold a deck, you'll naturally spread, dribble, fan, pass, ambitious riser, 5 packet cut, and everything else.
That applies to everything!

I get what you're saying Marco (at least I think I did) and I appreciate the thought (so thanks) but with this move I don't feel like I'm doing it i the correct way and since I can't seem to find it anywhere, I can't compared it or see if my execution of the technique it's right (and I just need more time to assimilate it) or it's completely wrong

Maybe I'm posting it on the wrong section since is a move that I encountered in card college v1 of Roberto Giobbi(so it's more a magic base move)
Should I post it on the magic part of the forum?

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
I would have suggested the Card College reference, but you already have checked.
That's enough in my opinion, the book is meant to make intuition, knowledge and imagination meet.
So you read how it's done, and try it. At the same time you should try to forget about it, and see how you would naturally spread the cards.
Books are meant to make the "self improvement" process make you come up with a (slightly) personal style, and there is not right or wrong, as long as it works, and you feel comfortable/enjoy it.
If you want a visual reference, look some performance of your favourite magician/cardist, see if you like how to spread and run through the cards, and then try to mimic their movement.

Also keep in mind that you can change your handling from time to time, as your preferences change as well.
That's what i did for my tabled riffle shuffle: it was okay, i shuffled like this for years. Then i started to notice it wasnt as pleasant as i wanted, so i looked for a handling i liked, and i tried. One day of practise, and now it's how i normally riffle shuffle.

May 23, 2016
Italy
Good to know, (that I can change my handling) i was afraid that i would remained stuck or that I would have had serious problem in the eventuality of a change (for a better looking move)
The main problem for me with the move is that I don't feel like mine it's very aesthetic
(compared to this for example)

anyway thanks for have lightened my thoughts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results