Need help with custom table mat

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I'm starting to look around for close up mats for my show. One big issue is that I have a sort of oddly sized table; I'm going to need a 18" X 22" mat.

What are the best places to shop for custom sized mats?
I'll try and dig out the receipt of where I got mine. The gentleman I bought mine from was incredibly friendly.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I'm starting to look around for close up mats for my show. One big issue is that I have a sort of oddly sized table; I'm going to need a 18" X 22" mat.

What are the best places to shop for custom sized mats?
Didn't mean to spam but I just did a quick google search and found it. I bought the table hopper and it's perfect for moving around. I'm sure you can find what you are looking for here.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
It sounds like he is talking about Pattrick's Magic. He will indeed make custom sizes for you. I had him make me a extra long table hopper to better accommodate a ribbon spread. Just make sure you get plush. Make sure you get plush. And one more thing, make sure you get plush.

Reactions: DominusDolorum

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Brett:

Why do you need a close-up mat? You can probably get a sheet of 1/4 inch foam padding to glue to the table top and a nice piece of fabric to go over it. You can stretch the fabric over the table and fasten it on the bottom of the table with a staple gun, hot glue or strong tape. Alternatively, you can just lay the foam on top and put a tablecloth over it. It is significantly less expensive and your table can reflect your style through the material on top or the table cloth. For performances, I use this table with a black striped table cloth. The built in padding and table cloth have the same feel as a close-up mat, but it looks so much nicer.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Brett:

Why do you need a close-up mat? You can probably get a sheet of 1/4 inch foam padding to glue to the table top and a nice piece of fabric to go over it. You can stretch the fabric over the table and fasten it on the bottom of the table with a staple gun, hot glue or strong tape. Alternatively, you can just lay the foam on top and put a tablecloth over it. It is significantly less expensive and your table can reflect your style through the material on top or the table cloth. For performances, I use this table with a black striped table cloth. The built in padding and table cloth have the same feel as a close-up mat, but it looks so much nicer.

Here's my table!

It's a weird table-tote hybrid I found at REI. Packs a ton of stuff and the table is built into it. It's pretty nifty.

I'm also short and it's just about the right height for me.

The big issue is the metal table top. Between the slats and the metal *clang* when anything hits it; I'm just looking some something (portable) that can deaden the sound and look a lot nicer than what it is at the moment.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I'm still thinking a foam pad with a table cloth. The whole thing would look more professional if there was a cloth covering the top that drapes to the floor.

Reactions: ChrisJGJ
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results