Need Help With The Stage

Apr 12, 2009
I'm thinking about entering a talent show and doing magic. This would be on stage, now I do more close up magic and street stuff, no stage illusions in my arsenal. Ill need at least 3 stage illusions, I was thinking of doing Metamorphosis, but does anyone have any ideas of what else i could do that would be inexpensive and powerful at the same time?

Apr 12, 2009
The zombie ball!

This trick is easy and simple, yet still gets great reactions... Can get a nice one for cheap on mjmmagic.com

oh i faled to mention that it has to be about 3 mins long... the zombie ball is not entertaining after the first 45 secs.

Sep 3, 2007
oh i faled to mention that it has to be about 3 mins long... the zombie ball is not entertaining after the first 45 secs.

Try a simple salt pour with a thumb tip. I guarantee that there is no way to poor salt in one hand, have it gone and then poor it out of the other hand. On stage or in person.

Wait so you want to do 3 Illusions in 3 minutes.

Crap you'd have to go Hans klok speed times two.

Skip the big stuff and stick with the little, less is more.

The salt pour is a good idea, just make sure you do it over a sheet or into a bucket.

21st century silk is a good one, or for a little more Raunchy? is that a good word? Regardless.

If you want to be more raunchy then you could do the 21st century bra.

Ahhh but if you do end up opting for an illusion I highly suggest you give plenty of time to rehearse.

Apr 12, 2009
NO... There is going to be 3 different shows and contestants are eliminated as they go from show to show (American Idol style) there will be 3 shows and I'll need a different routine for each one.

Ohhh okay,

That is good to know then.

If you are going to perform illusion I would suggest.

Voodoo box

Mystery of the magical mummy from MWCCM

Victory carton illusion also found in the book above

The Haunted house

FOund inthe book above

Apr 12, 2009
P.S.

Another problem and probley the largest of all is that I'll have non magicians in the wings of the stage and with tricks like Metamorphous they are angle sensitive and there will be no doube that the other contestants will be able to see the secrets. Is there any illusions that anyone can point me toward that are angle safe? Also I would like to do the illusion where my assistant crawls through my bady... where can I get the rig for that?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results