Need review for capsoul by SansMinds Magic !

MOD

Jun 28, 2014
This tricks looks really creative. A street magic take on classic tricks like card sword. Anyone who already have Capsoul please write a review.
SansMind magic also claim that we can see this trick on national television soon. I am pretty sure it would be DYNAMO:MAGICIAN IMPOSSIBLE, because this definitely Dynamo's kind of trick.

Apr 17, 2013
12:30 into it
[video=youtube;msIgjCsWNlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msIgjCsWNlQ#t=761[/video]

Jan 30, 2013
Hey Man ,

Well , a

Here is a proper review by KYlE and MURPHYS magic and also a studio performance of one of the effect from the dvd -

http://youtu.be/n-EOTY6hwck?t=5m6s

All the effects are extremely easy,visual and powerful effect.

D'Puck

This tricks looks really creative. A street magic take on classic tricks like card sword. Anyone who already have Capsoul please write a review.
SansMind magic also claim that we can see this trick on national television soon. I am pretty sure it would be DYNAMO:MAGICIAN IMPOSSIBLE, because this definitely Dynamo's kind of trick.

Apr 17, 2013
Hey man !

there is more reviewers on this planet that WPR.lol.
check out murphys magic review on it .

Most working magicians are not going to use this effect. It is not made for the guy who is working four trade shows, six private parties, has two walk around gigs at restaurants and does corporate mixers. It is made for the under 25 "street magician."

Here is a proper review by KYlE and MURPHYS magic and also a studio performance of one of the effect from the dvd -

I know there are others. I honestly do not trust a reviewer who works for the people who is the wholesaler of the item. I also look at Tricks and Trailers for reviews and My Lovely Assistant. What I like about WPR is that they sell the stuff they review and while it would be in their best interest to say everything they sell is great, they don't. They give pretty honest reviews. Why is the one from the wholesaler a proper review? Why is that one more valid than the one from people who are selling the item to the public? You have to qualify why you think that the one that gives everything a good review better than the ones that will tell you is something is total crap. I think that WPR My Lovely Assistant and Tricks and Trailers are giving honest and proper reviews. Tricks and Trailers do their reviews based on what is shown in the trailer and what the effect really is. WPR have two working pros give their reviews. My Lovely Assistant are real workers giving honest reviews based on real world work. Kyle is a PR guy for Murphy's Magic an wholesale magic company who wants you to go to the local shop or contact your online shop and ask them to carry something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 30, 2013
Every trick is not going to be appropriate for every person. its all about the your taste so its possible what you didnt like might be liked by many ? right ? but influencing others decision with no proper reason ? and WPR sell product from these wholesale company ,,if you look in their website you will find every single product they have reviewed.

Kyle have discussed various things about capsoul +ve and -ve as well.but at the end its on you.

Well i dont want to make this a battle field , questioner got what he wanted to ,thanks to you :)

Have a nice day.

Dpk

Jan 30, 2013
Most working magicians are not going to use this effect. It is not made for the guy who is working four trade shows, six private parties, has two walk around gigs at restaurants and does corporate mixers. It is made for the under 25 "street magician."

C'mon man , i do table hoping magic almost every single day. tTo be honest i have been using it for last 1 year or so.and i am over 25.but i do agree its not something for a profesional show , but dont you perform something in daily life magic ? or people perform only for corporate shows ? dont you wear casual dress and perform magic anytime ?

if not then sorry i created this, but if YES i dont see any bad point using it. i have been using ELectric touch 2 for quiet a while now but something during promotional event or in some restaurants it doesnt work , i can not use it properly due to earthing problem but that doesnt make electric touch a bad invention. you know the use , now its on you where do you want to use it.

But again at the end its all you who deicde, and like always i respect others opinion :)

Dpk

Apr 17, 2013
i do agree its not something for a profesional show , but dont you perform something in daily life magic

I do from time to time but I don't walk up to randoms on the street and do magic and I'm not wearing a baseball cap. When I do I'm dressed like I'm dressed in everyday life a polo and slacks or jeans. I dress my age.

WPR is a wholesale company too,

No they are a shop the sells to the general public. Murphys is wholesale only.

dont you wear casual dress and perform magic anytime ?

No i do not. When I perform i'm in a jacket button down shirt and slacks.

also it is kinda disingenuous for the creator to pick and choose which reviews he says are proper

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
I have mixed feelings about this.

If I was still working my bar gig, I would do something like this. But I have heard that the cap cannot be handed out after the effect. If the magic is happening inside the hat, then the spectator is going to want to see where the magic happened.

I see this working for those who perform in clubs or bars, but if the hat can't be examined...

Apr 17, 2013
I have mixed feelings about this.

If I was still working my bar gig, I would do something like this. But I have heard that the cap cannot be handed out after the effect. If the magic is happening inside the hat, then the spectator is going to want to see where the magic happened.

I see this working for those who perform in clubs or bars, but if the hat can't be examined...

Everything I have seen and read that you end really dirty you can't hand out the cap.

Jan 30, 2013
Hi Mike !

CAPSOUL would look good on you :p , as you wear HAT most of the time :)
Yes the cap cant be examined but if you see the whole routine, at the end its apparent that the CAP is clean.And one can easily customize it as per his comfort, i mean easily change the handling as its very much open to customize.

Also Great Work on HARBOR CHANGE (Y)

Best,
Deepak

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I really like this effect, I received my copy yesterday.

WHERE CAN YOU USE THIS?

I will be using this as part of my stage show as a card sword. If you are familiar with the card sword than you will know that the sword cannot be examined, it's the same thing here, but the card can be handed out with out a problem.

I have a couple out door gigs this summer where I will be working at farmers markets and such. It gets hot outside and I where a hat from time to time. I already perform Calen Morelli's card to hat from time to time. If you are familiar with that method you will know that they cannot inspect the hat after the first phase but I have never had any problems with audience management for this trick and I don't see any new problems popping up with Capsoul.

WHO WILL PERFORM THIS?

Anyone who wears a hat could do this. There are instructions for 2 different gimmicks on the DVD. One you can make in less than thirty seconds. You could easily do it on the fly. So you could be prepared at a moments notice to perform this at a party or while you are hanging out with friends.

I know of many entertainers who wear hats while they perform. Bizzaro, Sylvester the Jester, Phil Van Tee, Pop Haydn, Joseph Safuto, Calen Morelli, Troy, Dynamo, David Blaine and on and on. Lot's of guys wear cowboy hats, top hats, fedoras and baseball caps and this trick can be performed with any of those hats.

HOW CLEAN ARE YOU LEFT?
In every handling you immediately take off the hat and hand out the card then you can put the hat away or back on your head.

The clean up is super easy for the first gimmick. Mike, for work at a bar you could clean up your hat by dropping your hands below the bar for less then a second to ditch the gimmick then give the hat for inspection. So in one beat you give them their card and in the next beat you give them your hat for examination.

The clean up could be performed if you were on stage and went to put your hat away in a case or if you were a little more bold I think you could clean it up as you go to put your hat back on. I think I'll post a video of that for you guys.

Of course this is all for the first gimmick. The second gimmick is not easily removed but the visual effect is so startling that I'm okay with the give and take here.

Let's compare this to a card sword as has been done by Sans Minds already.

Can it be immediately examined?
Sword: No
Cap: No

Can the card be examined?
Sword: Sometimes yes
Cap: Yes

Is it a regular everyday object?

Does it instantly reset?

Does it destroy the card?
Sword: Yes
Cap: No

Is it customizable?
Sword: Not really

Can it be seen on stage?
Sword: Yes

Can it find multiple selections?
Sword: Sometimes
Cap: Maybe

Can you continue to use the prop in a natural way after you have performed the trick?
Sword: Maybe

What's the price?
Sword: $30-500
Cap: $35

If you want to use a cap as a card sword, or make a card change while hanging out of your hat I can't see why you wouldn't buy this.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Here's a performance with the ditch as well as a review.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sToHDfNf1as[/video]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results