Need some help :0

Is it bad to learn alot of effects on a day?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2008
Hmm, If you learn them to quickly, and rush it, then it's bad. I mean, then you don't have time to practice.
It's better to know one, fully perfected trick, than a thousand you can do a bit of ;b

May 19, 2008
manchester
I would say maybe leave some of the flashy/ hard stuff for a bit, if you concentrate (sp.) on stuff like royal road to card magic or something that should be good, also the card fundementals (sp.) are supposed to be very good and not boring, so maybe you could perfect double lifts etc etc, and then start on some tricks from trilogy or whatever, you have enough stuff to last you a very very long time to perfect it all...

also whats good is that if you have already dont lots of them half well, then when you come back it wont take so long to perfect

OR you could learn the easy stuff, like double lifts, controling a card, then go over the effects you have, pick your favorites and really perfect them, then when your feeling bored you could do something else and then swap again around these, 3/4 tricks till you have them perfect, then you could move on?

or maybe ive totally missed the point...

Jul 21, 2008
Finland
Its not bad to learn many effects in a day, but you should practice them many days. So dont learn 10 tricks in a day and perfomer them right away...

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Hallo! Vandaan? Ik bijn Nederlands :D

You've already been given great tips, I'll just drop my advice in.

Just because you can do a trick doesn't mean that you should perform it; I would suggest practicing the sleights and motions until they become second nature - you don't even need to think about doing them. That way, you can focus on your patter, flair, and how you present the trick and connect with the audience, all of which affect a performance GREATLY.

Welcome to the forums! If you have any questions just PM me - I'd be more than happy to help or just talk.

Best wishes,
Ben

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results