need urgent help

May 9, 2013
i live in india and i never used a bicycle deck i buyied a archduke deck from my local store but it is like a cardboard deck they font faro or spring at all they are 0% plastic. i am in magic for about 1 year and i used a deck called lancer playing cards i dont know what a bicycle pack looks like i am going to buy some decks from here but now i am very concerned about it because archdukes are very bad.i also seen some reviews of it in youtube but they didnt say anything about the quality of the cards.please help me guys i am in BIG trouble.

Sep 1, 2007
Bicycle is the most popular brand in North America. I've used them for years and can attest that they're popular for a reason. I understand they're less common outside of the US, but they're still manufactured by the same company so I don't see any reason why this would be a problem. Archduke cards are made with a thicker stock and have a different finish than standard Bikes, so that would explain why they feel different.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Bicycle are good cards. As long as you get genuine Bicycles and not some knock off. It should say US Playing Card Company somewhere on the box as well as Bicycle.

Anything from Theory11 or Ellusionist will be quite nice. I've also gotten cards from Big Blind Media and they are good, but standard Bicycle stock and finish as far as I know so it's just different artwork.

Nov 3, 2012
Just as Christopher says, pretty much every deck from Theory11 and Ellusionist is good. The Bicycles are good quality and you don't have to worry about them either fanning bad or faro(ing) bad.

May 9, 2013
thank you for your feedback but i think that my hands got in habit of using on plastic decks only what will i do if this happens

JokerZingo

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2012
Sweden
freemagictutorials.com
I had the same problem for a while I live in Sweden.
When I started out I used kind of plastic/paper cards. After half a year I got my first "real" cards it was the blue artifice from Ellusionist and standard bicycles they were great it will take a day or two to get used to because of the air cushion finish they are very slippery but you will learn to handel it and your magic will improve.

Hope you found this usefull Thanks - Markus/JokerZingo

Nov 3, 2012
Don't worry. I too just as JokerZingo, live in Sweden, and around here it's not easy to find almost any cards if you don't purchase them online. I was used to handling plastic cards and bridge cards. But I got used to bicycles really quickly. I don't think you will have any problems really.

c.t

Apr 17, 2013
Australia
im from australia so getting bicycles is hard for me to, your best bet is to go online and try pick some up, but basically bicycles, bees, tally ho's anything made by the united states playing card company should be good, also when you first get them make sure u use them on your bed or something cause you will most likely drop them everywhere but theyre easy to get used to so it shouldnt be too bad :)

May 9, 2013
thank you veru much

thank you very much to all of you guys you all helped me alot now i will buy a bicycle deck and if it went fine i will get a bunch of decks from ellusionist and theory11 once again thank you

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
You'll find a wide range of quality decks here

If Bicycle cards aren't common to your region I'd not advise you to use them. Being in India I'd say Bee and Aviator backs would be more common due to the British influence to your culture. But, as has been pointed, you can go with any of the decks offered through T11 and E and you'll be quite safe when it comes to quality as well as novelty. The only thing I would warn you on however, is making certain that you use a deck that has "tame" artwork -- stuff that's "family friendly" rather than decks that have lots of skulls, bones, blood, etc. Such decks have their place but not when you're starting off and trying to get established.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results