New 1-on-1 Release : The Biddle Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
As many of you saw a few minutes ago (due to a glitch in the front page widget!), the 1-on-1 section has been updated with a new addition by yours truly. This week's is on a simple but VERY powerful effect that should be in everyone's arsenal - the Biddle Trick.

A card is selected and lost in the deck. You remove five cards from the top of the pack - luckily, the spectator's selection is one of them. Instantly their selection vanishes from the packet and appears face DOWN in the middle of the deck, which has been in the spectator's hands throughout the routine.

Also learn the Kardyro / Biddle Steal and the Bluff Pass, which is of course taught in greater detail in the dedicated 1-on-1 by Wayne Houchin. Learn all of the essential moves and see a cameo by Katie Egleston and nunchucks. Credit to Elmer Biddle, Tony Kardyro, and Ed Marlo.

http://www.theory11.com/1on1
21 Minutes / Now Available

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
I just joined into this thread. Why were 2 removed?

Because there was a glitch on the main page and people saw what the 1 on 1 was going to be before it was announced, and those two handsome devils must have come to the forums to post their findings, alas it was not time for it to be revealed, hence being removed.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I have been doing a variation of the biddle trick as my "on the spot" trick for about 4 months, and I must say this is one of the easiest and hard-hitting effects out there.

Do not underestimate the power of this

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Taking an overused, overknown, overdone effect that everyone already knows and selling it for $5. Great job.

Plus your performance wasn't very good. Your Bluff pass was pretty awful and you... flashed on the Biddle Steal... don't buckle the cards like that.

On each 1on1, you lose more respect not just from me but a lot of other people who actually know what's going on.

-Waits for this post to get deleted-

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
The mentalist in me predicts that because it is a simple and common trick, this 1 on 1 will be bashed.

Heck yeah; why would they teach a powerful trick and a move that is taught separately in a 1-on-1 for $4.95 - all for $4.95? Whoever taught this effect and did the research on it should be lashed with a trident made of bronze and fire and passion and ice.

The cameo from Katie Egleston alone is worth $9.95, no questions asked.

Taking an overused, overknown, overdone effect that everyone already knows and selling it for $5. Great job.

Overknown? Everyone? Really? I performed this for two very well respected magicians this week alone that did not perform this effect. If you already know it, great - but not everyone does. Hence the reason why this one's specifically labeled as a beginner effect with a huge green EASY sign. Enjoy it. And I agree, teaching moves like Bottom Deals and Seconds week after week makes me shudder in horror.

Sep 1, 2007
-Waits with eddie-

O well, I'll get into it.

You really can't be serious with this can you? 5 dollars for THIS? Good trick, don't get me wrong, but even laymen have seen this trick before. This is ridiculous! Why teach this? There's no reason, other than to grab noobs money. There are literally dozens of resources to learn this trick. Not only that, the sources are in BOOKS. Something t11 has apparently never heard of. for maybe 5 or 6 more bucks you could get a book that will literally last you a life time. This really is just crazy.

Do you offer ANYTHING new? ANYTHING original? ANYTHING? Because I didn't see anything. All I saw was a drawn-out, mechanically BAD performance. I had gained the respect I lost for t11 back, but this is just a whole other level.

What in the hell were you thinking? you wanted to make a gritty, intricate, instructional video on an underground, never before seen trick? Its a joke, it really is. There's no defending yourselves with this one.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Please name the "two very well respected magicians." Obviously not everyone performs the effect but that doesn't mean they don't know it.

And actually, the False deal 1on1 still made you guys lose respect.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Heck yeah; why would they teach a powerful trick and a move that is taught separately in a 1-on-1 for $4.95 - all for $4.95? Whoever taught this effect and did the research on it should be lashed with a trident made of bronze and fire and passion and ice.

The cameo from Katie Egleston alone is worth $9.95, no questions asked.

Overknown? Everyone? Really? I performed this for two very well respected magicians this week alone that did not perform this effect. If you already know it, great - but not everyone does. Hence the reason why this one's specifically labeled as a beginner effect with a huge green EASY sign. Enjoy it. And I agree, teaching moves like Bottom Deals and Seconds week after week makes me shudder in horror.

This truly is a great move. This absolutely deserves no bashing whatsoever. It is one of the easiest, hardest hitting effects out there. Everyone who does not know this trick, needs to buy this now. It's an absolute steal for 4.95

-Kevin

Aug 23, 2008
This is an AMAZING effect that I do all of the time - and at a pricepoint of $4.95 (the same price as the Bluff Pass sells for by itself), this is a steal. Two thumbs up from me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results