New 1-on-1 Release : The Biddle Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
you seriously lack respect

How ironic.

You just don't know any better and what a shame that is.

Edit://
Okay I think I'm done. I know I won't go through all you brainwashed people. If you guys are that ignorant and wants to go on "magic" like this. Then it's fine. I just find it damn ridiculous on their method of trying to get money and just contradicted on what they have stated when Theory11 was first introduced.

...And I wonder why Lee Asher, Aaron Fisher, etc. are rarely active here anymore?

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Then maybe I was wrong in saying you were bashing. If so, I apologize. It doesn't seem like constructive criticism if you just say they are losing respect from you. I just get tired of people never being happy with the 1-on-1s.....not saying its you everytime obviously but the people on here in general.

Sep 1, 2007
Respect for what?! Respect for a 1on1 that is a joke? Its a literal steal? Really? Really?

BOOKS. BOOKS.

Why not just be like hey, there is a cool trick called the biddle trick, you can find it here, or here, or there, or here.

Why did you teach it?!! Its avalible so many other places! So far, you haven't shown anything original.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
-Waits with eddie-

O well, I'll get into it.

You really can't be serious with this can you? 5 dollars for THIS? Good trick, don't get me wrong, but even laymen have seen this trick before. This is ridiculous! Why teach this? There's no reason, other than to grab noobs money. There are literally dozens of resources to learn this trick. Not only that, the sources are in BOOKS. Something t11 has apparently never heard of. for maybe 5 or 6 more bucks you could get a book that will literally last you a life time. This really is just crazy.

Do you offer ANYTHING new? ANYTHING original? ANYTHING? Because I didn't see anything. All I saw was a drawn-out, mechanically BAD performance. I had gained the respect I lost for t11 back, but this is just a whole other level.

What in the hell were you thinking? you wanted to make a gritty, intricate, instructional video on an underground, never before seen trick? Its a joke, it really is. There's no defending yourselves with this one.

Obviously you have never had any good experience with this trick. This is an absolute MUST in every card magicians repertoire. This is a perfect 1 on 1. Even though I won't be getting it, since I already know it, I highly support this release.

Honestly this is an incredibly disrespectful post. You started this with Death to the Double Undercut. You've stated your opinion, but your disrespectful bashing is not welcome here.

-Kevin

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yes but Creeper - there are just as many books on the Second Deal, on the Bottom Deal, on the Push Through, and NO-ONE used this argument there. They're ALL available in so many different places!

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
This is obviously marketed towards a beginner audiene who hasn't learned this yet. (hence, if you know how to do this, then don't be a complete dumb **** and buy it). Obviously there is nothing new about this effect, does that make it bad?

I believe eddie said that laymen have seen this before, really...... since when do laymen remember anything correctly? I have done this countless times and never for this effect received a "I saw that before".

Just because its not something for you to buy every week doesn't mean you should complain.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Respect for what?! Respect for a 1on1 that is a joke? Its a literal steal? Really? Really?

BOOKS. BOOKS.

Why not just be like hey, there is a cool trick called the biddle trick, you can find it here, or here, or there, or here.

Why did you teach it?!! Its avalible so many other places! So far, you haven't shown anything original.

Why did they teach false shuffles and false dealing. You could've just got expert at the card table for free. Why did CK teach anything when you could've just bought TOOC? The majority of 1 on 1s can be learned other places.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
This is obviously marketed towards a beginner audiene who hasn't learned this yet. (hence, if you know how to do this, then don't be a complete dumb **** and buy it). Obviously there is nothing new about this effect, does that make it bad?

I believe eddie said that laymen have seen this before, really...... since when do laymen remember anything correctly? I have done this countless times and never for this effect received a "I saw that before".

Just because its not something for you to buy every week doesn't mean you should complain.

Obviously you're just finding a way to attack me. Sorry to say this and I'm not trying to offend you in any way... but isn't it damn obvious that I'm and most here are referring to other people who does magic?

Sep 1, 2007
Sorry pal, but I'm not bashing. I'm offering my opinion. Last time I checked I'm allowed to do that.

You totally proved my point right there for me. Did I say it was a bad trick? No. In fact, I beleive I said it was a good trick.

You said its a great 1on1, but you won't buy it because you already know it. May I ask where you learned it from? Which of the 20 sources? For people just starting out, I don't think they'd like to know what they just spent 5 bucks on has been published in many different places, including...wait for it...BOOKS, where if they would've spent like 5 dollars more, they'd have, I'll say it again, a lifetime worth of material.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY

BOOKS. BOOKS.

did you invent every move you use? did you create your own double lift? your own shuffle? highly doubt it. we all build upon the shoulders of the greats before us and whether you think so or not, this is a good trick that you can use everyday anywhere. Yeah its found in many places, so is the bottom deal, and the basic card fundamentals, didn't see you complain about those that much. Some people value having a visual presentation to teach them. Also, some people value the easy access to learning get with the download 1-on-1. This is place of learning and as long as the fine people here keep coming up with stuff for us each week i see no reason to criticize anything. At least they are making an attempt to help others, where as you are merely trying to tear others down and disrupt a community of people who wish to further the art AT ALL LEVELS, begginner and advanced.

on that note, ive said what i came to say, im out

Because there was a glitch on the main page and people saw what the 1 on 1 was going to be before it was announced, and those two handsome devils must have come to the forums to post their findings, alas it was not time for it to be revealed, hence being removed.

Very handsome indeed. :p

Anyway, I don't see why people are complaining. I don't see how this is ruining magic or whatever. No body is forcing you to buy this.

"If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Cheers, Tom

Sep 1, 2007
Yes, they are taught in various sources. But in the dealing and shuffling case, they are taight by a literal expert. I saw no expertise in this performance whatsoever.

How am I disrupting the community? I'm just stating my opinion. I'm not bashing, I'm not being vulgar, I'm not breaking any rules. I can voice my opinion if i want to. I expect my opinion to be atleast respected. I respect you guys opinions.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
So your gripe isn't that it's common at all, is it? It's just that you didn't like the performance of the trick, it wasn't up to standard.

Exactly.

Just because it isn't the hardest flourish or the most ridiculous sleight in the world doesn't mean it can't be good.

I hate to break it to you, Theory11 isn't out to please you Creeper. They're here to provide the magic community with a vast variety of material. From beginners to experts. Maybe some people can't master the bottom deal. So they have this to look at. It is a absolute classic. People talk about this trick every single day. Every time something isn't right for you, you insult Theory 11 as a whole. This lack of respect is exactly why we see hardly any experienced working magicians on this site.

-Kevin

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Yes, they are taught in various sources. But in the dealing and shuffling case, they are taight by a literal expert. I saw no expertise in this performance whatsoever.

How am I disrupting the community? I'm just stating my opinion. I'm not bashing, I'm not being vulgar, I'm not breaking any rules. I can voice my opinion if i want to. I expect my opinion to be atleast respected. I respect you guys opinions.

the issue i took wasn't you voicing your opinion, it was the harsh wording in which you chose to do so. Calling something a joke that people took time to work on is not "constructive criticism". Offering pointers, politely expressing flaws is constructive. I was just shocked to see such harsh words used to people that have gone out of their way to make this great place for magicians and who are at the very least, taking the time to interact with us. There are plenty of places out there that have no interaction or feedback with people. I truly value how hands on the theory11 staff is and find the 1-on-1 feature a unique and generous feature. i suppose i may have been a bit harsh as well and for that i apoligize. i guess we will just agree to disagree.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I'm a beginner and I appreciate T11 trying to help me out....but I guess there are too many advanced people out there who want harder stuff. So they get pissed when they get a 1-on-1 like this.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
No, the complaint is theory11 came out with a 1on1 that reaches into noobs wallets (by itself) and causes said noobs to go bankrupt...

If they really wanted to take peoples money, they could've easily charged $10 - $15 for this. It's only 5 freaking dollars for crying out loud

D

Deleted member 2755

-Waits with eddie-

O well, I'll get into it.

You really can't be serious with this can you? 5 dollars for THIS? Good trick, don't get me wrong, but even laymen have seen this trick before. This is ridiculous! Why teach this? There's no reason, other than to grab noobs money. There are literally dozens of resources to learn this trick. Not only that, the sources are in BOOKS. Something t11 has apparently never heard of. for maybe 5 or 6 more bucks you could get a book that will literally last you a life time. This really is just crazy.

I perform Biddle Trick all the time. I have never once had someone say they have seen it before. Great trick. Widely known by magicians? Yes. Laymen? Not really.

Also, chances are, if you are a beginner in magic, this isn't such a bad buy. Sure for someone like me who has been in magic for a little while, there is no point in my buying this 1 on 1. That doesn't change the fact though that for a beginner, this is a good learning video. This is not to say they shouldn't read books of course. That's a completely different topic of course.

There are several resources to learn the Bottom Deal and Second Deal. They also come from books. Yet I saw little to no complaining on either 1 on 1. It seems to me that anytime an easy 1 on 1 is released, its hell on earth. Only hard 1 on 1's that will make One practice for a long time are looked at as good 1 on 1's. The 1 on 1's have to satisfy everyone from beginner to expert. That's what they are for.

I do agree with books though. Who ever said One shouldn't buy any books? I didn't see that anywhere.

Do you offer ANYTHING new? ANYTHING original? ANYTHING? Because I didn't see anything. All I saw was a drawn-out, mechanically BAD performance. I had gained the respect I lost for t11 back, but this is just a whole other level.

Yes. Go to the Trick section on the top bar. It is my belief that there are many effects there that are original for the most part. Not sure if you saw that section of the site just letting you know. There are also some original 1 on 1's such as the B4Cut, Riot, Redline, Polaroid Change just to name a few.

What in the hell were you thinking? you wanted to make a gritty, intricate, instructional video on an underground, never before seen trick? Its a joke, it really is. There's no defending yourselves with this one.

No one said this was underground and never before seen. I also don't see this as a joke. If you have been in magic for a while and I'm sure you have, skip on this one. Wait until next week. No need to just bash constantly because you didn't like a 1 on 1 that was released. Just don't buy it. Opinions are also welcome, but only in a respectful manner.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results