New 16 packet display (no name yet)

Nov 24, 2007
www.abuvesz.hu
Hello!

I'm new here, but I'd like to show you my own sweet 16 packet display:)
I'd love to hear your opinion about it:)

Thanks

Attachments

• tn_1vfdsa 008.jpg
    tn_1vfdsa 008.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 320
Oct 8, 2007
That looks awesome! How about, the Shuttle Display? Also, you look like a guy who works at my local magic shop.

Nov 17, 2007
Yeah. If you can get into that display and back out smoothly (like the Leno) then that will just be the BOMB! Nice job anyway!

Nov 1, 2007
There are a ton of displays just like this. A display is worthless if you can't get in and out of it smoothly, in my opinion.

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
There are a ton of displays just like this. A display is worthless if you can't get in and out of it smoothly, in my opinion.

I absolutely agree. It's fun to play out with shapes as you are just starting because it's something big you can show. But if there is no way smooth way to get in or out, it's not worth it. Unless it actually looks like something.

If it's one big group of cards that doesn't look like much or doesn't have some distinctly cool pattern, it's not worth it.

Sep 1, 2007
I also absolutely agree. My first thought "wow that looks cool!" second thought "he probably had his little brother putting cards in between his fingers for 20 minutes to make that"

basically it's about as awesome as if you'd photoshopped a bunch of packets to make a display. cool looking but worthless.

Nov 24, 2007
www.abuvesz.hu
nice cut...i would like to see a vid to see its smoothness...

and you said that its your "new sweet 16 packet display"...so call it sweet 16

Wow that's a cool idea:D
Thank you for the comments, there will be a video about the opening, display and the closing of it soon. It's pretty hard to do nice and smooth (hey there are 16 packets:D) but currently I'm workin on it:)
Oh and I don't have a little brother to put the packets betveen my fingers, so I did it by myself;)

Thank's again!

Sep 2, 2007
Wow man, that's so 4 years ago. :p

I Remember Ali Al Basri and Tobias Pashia had a lot of displays looking much like this one, I doubt any of them had good-looking openers and closers. It could be cool to have ONE of these huge jumble-display to tell the spectators "I can hold a lot of packets between my fingers", but having more than one is kind of useless, since the other one will tell them the same thing, nothing else.

They'll look the same to them.

I think one interesting way to create displays is to take out a number of cards and make any shape with them on a table. That way, you won't be limited to your ability, but to your imagination. Then try to find a way to get into the same position in the hands. I think too many people limit their creating to what they're able to do, not what they'd like to do.

Same goes for magic. That's why we're still making variations on the Hofzinser Problem and Ambitious Card.

Nov 20, 2007
Cool but is it practical

Looks cool But the hardest part is making the assembly process as cool as the ending. maybe better for pics than for live performances. :) If you come up with an assembly that works you should post the vid. I would definitely check that out. Also where did you get your inspiration as I have seen some similar creations around the web. Good luck with you experimentation

Nov 24, 2007
www.abuvesz.hu
Trashmanf!

I do my 12 packet display in an other way... And if you think, I just copied the display you showed, you're wrong, I made some pictures and put it on youtube on March 04, 2007 long befor I even heared about decknique. You can check that video here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LeZRTsy8lfM

Notice, that the last two packets are between my thumbs and my second fingers, not between my thumbs and ringfingers. I know that the difference seems small, but I came up with the idea of putting cards together like this in the school on calsses last year, so please don't doubt my originality.

Best!
András

P.S.: I ust noticed, that Fexosos, the guy you showed in your post doesn't even uses his ringfinger to clip the cards. He uses the second and ringfinger and the ringfinger and pinky. I use my middle and secondfinger and middle and ringfinger to clip the cards. Just another detail to look at.

Sep 1, 2007
i agree they have some differences, I'm just saying they look basically the same to me.

for example... I also don't think that if you do a charlier cut with your middle finger, it makes it more original. basically if it looks the same to a layman, that's not original... or something.

don't get me wrong, it's still a cool display. :) just doesn't seem like anything groundbreaking, or anything worth naming. if you named every display like this you could fill a book with them all.

Sep 2, 2007
London
AT this stage it is really no more than neutral. A picture is a still. IF you can get to that display with style and not nessesarly quickly then it could be cool. However if you kind of fumble around trying to get them all out then it will suck. Sorry but that is the way it is. Just don't want you posting it up thinking it is great when it may not be.

HAVE FAITH though! You could make this awesome. Just put time into it an you enever know....we could all be begging you for a tut. :p

-JOn

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results