New at custom decks...

May 9, 2008
But isn't this thread about custom decks?? We all know tallies are great. No need to keep bringing them up when someone asks about custom decks.

Jan 4, 2010
The eye doesn't really bother me. That's just like saying that you hate the Ds on the backs of the smoke and mirror cards. Maybe you do. But for me it doesn't detract from the look of the cards.

I don't think $13/deck is that expensive for this deck. You can get them much cheaper through AceKing. Right now you could get a brick for about $70 shipped. If anyone is even thinking about getting this deck.... do it. You'll be glad you did.

Wow you must be an investor for White Knuckle Playing Cards lol.

I have the 1st and 2nd edition of these cards and while I agree that the face cards are beautiful, the eyeball is pretty ugly and $13 is pretty darn expensive for a deck of cards.

WKBack.jpg

This is all just my opinion of course...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2010
But isn't this thread about custom decks?? We all know tallies are great. No need to keep bringing them up when someone asks about custom decks.

By custom decks, I assumed he meant that until this point, he has been using mainly Bikes and Bees. He also asked for cards to get from t11 and E, since he will be using them for magic and flourishing.

If you honestly think that:
1) You had to go out of the way to say that, just to be a smart ass.
2) Tally-ho's aren't anywhere near what he's looking for.
Then you can say that. But whatever.

May 10, 2010
I've considered buying some ... hows the finish ?

And yes, my first purchase after this thread was some tally ho decks as i didn't own any prior to that ...

The SS Lions use a Linoid finish simlar to that of the Tally-Hos. It has an awesome feel, you barely need to break them in since they're in optimum condition out of the box.

Jun 10, 2010
The SS Lions use a Linoid finish simlar to that of the Tally-Hos. It has an awesome feel, you barely need to break them in since they're in optimum condition out of the box.

But it's more durable, right? My current tally-ho's from the new facility are terrible, i can almost never fan them perfectly..

May 10, 2010
But it's more durable, right? My current tally-ho's from the new facility are terrible, i can almost never fan them perfectly..

Yea they definitely do. My tallys don't last long either, but the Lions are really durable. They don't clump nor warp, even in the Singapore weather here. Something that everybody's gotta love.

Jun 10, 2010
Yea they definitely do. My tallys don't last long either, but the Lions are really durable. They don't clump nor warp, even in the Singapore weather here. Something that everybody's gotta love.

DAMN. Impressive... When are the next SS cards coming out?

EDIT:

I hope they make more lions, I have 1 blue pack, but I never use it, since it's my only one :(

May 10, 2010
I hope they make more lions, I have 1 blue pack, but I never use it, since it's my only one :(

I think they've already stopped production of the first editions. Nonetheless you could look for other sources to buy the Lions if T11 doesn't restock them.

Jun 10, 2010
I think they've already stopped production of the first editions. Nonetheless you could look for other sources to buy the Lions if T11 doesn't restock them.

D&D have them, but they're 7 bucks a pack..

Do you know when the next edition of Split Spades comes out?

May 9, 2008
By custom decks, I assumed he meant that until this point, he has been using mainly Bikes and Bees. He also asked for cards to get from t11 and E, since he will be using them for magic and flourishing.

If you honestly think that:
1) You had to go out of the way to say that, just to be a smart ass.
2) Tally-ho's aren't anywhere near what he's looking for.
Then you can say that. But whatever.

Nope, wasn't trying to be a smart ass. My point was whenever a thread about custom decks is made someone always ends up recommending regular bikes or tallies. I'm kinda sick of the thread going off topic inevitably ending at tally-ho playing cards being the main topic of the thread. The thread says "new at custom decks". Even if he had only been using bikes or bees, the topic was still about custom playing cards. If the thread had been titled "what are some good playing cards?", then your answer would have been awesome. But the thread is about custom playing cards. If you can find a thread here at theory11 about custom cards that don't have regular tally-ho playing cards mentioned at some point, then Kudos to you. I'm just sick of threads about custom decks always ending at "get regular tallies or bikes".

Tally-ho's are not custom decks, so I know for a fact that's not what he was looking for. If he was looking for Tallies then the name of the thread was improperly titled. Sorry to be so technical, but let's stay on topic, for once, please stay on topic.

Wow you must be an investor for White Knuckle Playing Cards lol.

I have the 1st and 2nd edition of these cards and while I agree that the face cards are beautiful, the eyeball is pretty ugly and $13 is pretty darn expensive for a deck of cards.

WKBack.jpg

This is all just my opinion of course...

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. Nope, I'm not an investor of these playing cards. I don't think that $13 for a deck so artistic is that much to ask. $13 is the most you would ever pay while still in print, and that's directly from the source. You can get them from AceKing and other distributors for much less. How much did you pay for the cards? If you paid full price, why did you buy them if you thought they were expensive? Did you think it was worth it? Also we're not looking at a standard deck of cards that you get from the drug store for $3.50 per pack. Furthermore, we're not looking at a standard custom deck. Most custom decks use the standard faces with a simple variation on colors. On most custom decks the unique art only had to be drawn one time, and that's for the backs and maybe the Ace of spades and jokers. The unique art on the white knuck playing cards had to be drawn over 52 times (jokers) Each card was individually drawn free-hand. I'll say that again, FREE HAND. That takes a lot of work, and a lot of time. Many concepts and drafts needed be to created on each card before the final draft was decided upon. I think the artist should be compensated for this for how much work went into this deck. If people are going to pay $250 for Jerry's Nuggets, $15-20 for Smoke and Mirrors, $15 for Watermelon RJRTC Bees, then surely you can pay $10-$15 for a deck like this.

I didn't know there was a first edition or second edition. Perhaps if they make a 3rd edition they could remove the eye on the backs for people who think they are ugly. Personally, I like the eye and don't think it's ugly at all.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results