New Card Routine Feedback (Important!!)

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Hi Theory 11 friends,
I came up with this routine after reading about an effect by Steve Beam in his book "Semi-Automatic Card Tricks". I've changed the presentation and the handling as well as adding a new ending to increase the level audience participation. I feel really uncomfortable performing just for the camera without a live audience so I might be repeating myself too much. Nevertheless, please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you very much in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCEvMEiIQV0&list=UU-No0CI9KGozT0HVlEedh7A

first off i have a problem with you saying you "came up" with this, it's almost exactly the same as the original. Adding new presentation and a different ending doesn't make it yours, just your handling. And i think that's a big difference.

But onto the routine, I like this trick, i used to do it myself (until i gave up on stacks and other things that take to much time to set up).

You should do the shuffle a couple seconds earlier without bringing attention to it because your zarrow isn't quite good enough to get away with if people are burning your hands, so just do it on the offbeat.

the main routine is fine, but i disliked the ending, everything was being spelled out and fit so nicely, finding the mates like that really doesn't make any sense. I believe in the original you just spell down to the mate as well? i would suggest doing that, the effect is strong because everything is exactly where it's supposed to be. The "kicker" was totally unnecessary and i think just complicated things.

just my two cents

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
first off i have a problem with you saying you "came up" with this, it's almost exactly the same as the original. Adding new presentation and a different ending doesn't make it yours, just your handling. And i think that's a big difference.

But onto the routine, I like this trick, i used to do it myself (until i gave up on stacks and other things that take to much time to set up).

You should do the shuffle a couple seconds earlier without bringing attention to it because your zarrow isn't quite good enough to get away with if people are burning your hands, so just do it on the offbeat.

the main routine is fine, but i disliked the ending, everything was being spelled out and fit so nicely, finding the mates like that really doesn't make any sense. I believe in the original you just spell down to the mate as well? i would suggest doing that, the effect is strong because everything is exactly where it's supposed to be. The "kicker" was totally unnecessary and i think just complicated things.

just my two cents

You are right, thank you very much for your feedback!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results