NEW DECK!!! Bicycle Black Tie! Kickstarter!

Oct 9, 2012
NEW DECK!!! Bicycle Black Tie! Kickstarter!
New deck by Stay Classy Cards, a partnership of Jorge Alvarez and Richard Surma. New designers, new deck, new oppurtunity! Visit the site at:

http://www.kickstart...e-playing-cards

This deck is aimed to portray the jacks queens and kings we know and love going to a black tie event. Check it out and tell us what you think......... after you are a backer

You can also check out the posts on Max Playing Cards:
http://www.maxplayin...-playing-cards/

and 52cartes:
http://52cartes.word...ie-kickstarter/

ad89fbe850767ad251e08f3383c135d5_large.jpg

9ed89f8ef5089e566950282096536cec_large.jpg

Oct 9, 2012
They look nice, I think that King of Spades should still have a hat though. Also I'm imagining that's Ekaterina on the back. :)

I assume as well those will be the standard finish/stock?

....I couldn't wait, wanted one of those lapel pins, good luck guys!

Oct 9, 2012
They will be Bicycle Stock, with the Magic Finish.

We were going to put a hat on all of them but then realized we have never seen a standard jack, king or even queen with just hair... we did the jack of clubs with just hair and loved it so we also did the jack of diamonds, king of spades and king of hearts without a hat :)

You like the lapel pin? You can add as many as you would like now ;)

I appreciate the kind words on this forum! Glad to see you're fans.

Dec 29, 2011
One of the better KickStarter decks I've seen. I was going to suggest a more original back design, until I looked at the standard rider back and realised how different it actually is, nicely done, but the difference is subtle. The court cards are really good, are you considering having all custom faces? Also, I think the Ace of Spades could be a little more, spade-y, if you know what I mean. Looks like a great deck though.

Vastago

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Mexico
Im going to be dead serious on this.

I dont like this deck.

Im not "hating" on it, im giving my sincere opinion on it.

Obviously you have a lot of people that are "backing" you, but just because a project has a kickstarter page, doesnt mean it should exist.

It has design problems (main one being that it looks like a hasty photoshop work).

Im all for the original design ideas, but i think that the main "idea" behind this deck, its too weak to deserve a full deck of cards, specially when the deck only has a "redesing" of the court cards.

Call me "jealous" if you like. But i think that "kickstarter" projects need to be really original, different, breath taking, when you are backing up one of this kind of projects it needs to feel that its almost unfair for the project not to be backed up.

Sincerely i cant believe you have 200 people willing to buy it.

I just dont feel its a quality product.

Sorry.

They will be Bicycle Stock, with the Magic Finish.

We were going to put a hat on all of them but then realized we have never seen a standard jack, king or even queen with just hair... we did the jack of clubs with just hair and loved it so we also did the jack of diamonds, king of spades and king of hearts without a hat :)

You like the lapel pin? You can add as many as you would like now ;)

I appreciate the kind words on this forum! Glad to see you're fans.

Also I'm imagining that's Ekaterina on the back.

I assume as well those will be the standard finish/stock?

Im going to be dead serious on this.

I dont like this deck.

Im not "hating" on it, im giving my sincere opinion on it.

Obviously you have a lot of people that are "backing" you, but just because a project has a kickstarter page, doesnt mean it should exist.

It has design problems (main one being that it looks like a hasty photoshop work).

Im all for the original design ideas, but i think that the main "idea" behind this deck, its too weak to deserve a full deck of cards, specially when the deck only has a "redesing" of the court cards.

Call me "jealous" if you like. But i think that "kickstarter" projects need to be really original, different, breath taking, when you are backing up one of this kind of projects it needs to feel that its almost unfair for the project not to be backed up.

Sincerely i cant believe you have 200 people willing to buy it.

I just dont feel its a quality product.

Sorry.

Whilst I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion - saying that they shouldn't be able to use Kickstarter because it's not "breath-taking" is a little harsh IMO. What is a stunning design to one person is something completely different to another and is not fair at all on the guys who put in the time to design their deck of cards.

Secondly, even if their deck of cards does actually fit your description of not original, not breath-taking, etc - who are you to judge? The 224 backers clearly think it deserves to be backed so that in itself is justification / vindication.

As much as I think style is subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinion, you just can't say that don't deserve to use Kickstarter because you (in a nutshell) don't like their work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results