New Effect?

Aug 1, 2008
Hi,
I think I have just created a new efect where a card is sing and I move the signature to another card. For example form a KC to a JC Have anyone seen something like this? and if its new what can I do to prevent jackin'.
Thanks

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well it's not a new effect, no. Signature transfer's have been around for a while. If you had done the requisite study, though, you would have known this.

I'm not going to say 'shut your mouth, you know nothing', but you say you're new at this, yes? Well if you're going to say you may have created a new effect, then it is your DUTY to do the requisite research of the history of the type of effect.

If you like the routine, and want to perform that type of effect, I would say my favourite handlings for this type of thing are...

Matthew Dowden's 'MST'

And

My own effect named 'Apparition'.

CL

Mar 29, 2008
Dwella - a little clarity. You sign the FACE of the card and it moves to another face card?

I would do as Praetoritevong...wow that is a long user name...says and look up the credits in Dominatricks - Tyler Wilson is great at credits.

There are ideas like that out there - and to prevent your "brilliant" idea...as I am sure it isn't overhandled or overgimmicked, from being stolen - try to get it published. If it is good enough, that will get your name stamped on it...of course, if it is what I imagine...then that isn't a positive.

Jun 24, 2008
United States
Ive made one up kinda like that, but im almost sure mines not new. In mine, i have someone sign a card, then i sign the back of a different card, and my signiture ends up on the back of the spectators signed card. Im still in the process of making it better. As for yours though, I've never seen it done =) good luck!

~Nate

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Ive made one up kinda like that, but im almost sure mines not new. In mine, i have someone sign a card, then i sign the back of a different card, and my signiture ends up on the back of the spectators signed card. Im still in the process of making it better. As for yours though, I've never seen it done =) good luck!

~Nate

That sounds an awful lot like the ending of Greg Wilson's "Point Blank" from his DVD "Pyrotechnic Pasteboards". His uses blank cards, but it's the same idea. Here's my review if you want to check it out:

//Pyrotechnic Pasteboards Review//

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results