New here and to cardistry

Hello everyone, my names Scott, 28 years old and from the UK. I'm new to Theory11, though I've been watching from afar for sometime now (that sounds creepier than I meant it to!)

It's hard to say how many years I've been in magic as it's been a very 'on/off' thing for me for the last 15 years. But I can say how long I've been in cardistry, about a week and a half, haha!

I'm starting with Xtreme Begginerz so I'll see how that fares on me. Though at the moment I'm convinced I must be missing a ligament in my hands or something, the Dexterity required is phenominal! Does anyone have any quick tips for a complete begginer? Be it from basic moves to flourishes or even hand stretching excerises, it would be much appreciated!

I'm hoping I'll get to find my way around this place and meet some great and experienced people, so until then!

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK
Hello everyone, my names Scott, 28 years old and from the UK. I'm new to Theory11, though I've been watching from afar for sometime now (that sounds creepier than I meant it to!)

It's hard to say how many years I've been in magic as it's been a very 'on/off' thing for me for the last 15 years. But I can say how long I've been in cardistry, about a week and a half, haha!

I'm starting with Xtreme Begginerz so I'll see how that fares on me. Though at the moment I'm convinced I must be missing a ligament in my hands or something, the Dexterity required is phenominal! Does anyone have any quick tips for a complete begginer? Be it from basic moves to flourishes or even hand stretching excerises, it would be much appreciated!

I'm hoping I'll get to find my way around this place and meet some great and experienced people, so until then!

Hey man, welcome :) There's a cardistry section on this forum which will have tons of info regarding flourishes and cuts etc.
I'm not much of a cardistry guy, so can't really give you tips, but can certainly recommend some material. T11's own Andre Jikh has 2 DVDs called Genesis which you can have a look at. Of course, you got the Buck Twins too over at D&D. Also have a look at the cardistry section under the magic trick tab at the top.
Best of luck with it buddy :)

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Welcome to the forums. I've been doing cardistry for the last couple years. Here's what I have:

- get your hands on some Bicycles. They're cheap and do the job. When you're first starting out, you're going to gorilla grip the deck and ruin it faster than someone who has more experience that knows proper handling. Don't worry about fancy custom decks at the moment.

- Charlie, Revolution, Scissor cuts should be your first go-tos. Start off with one handed stuff and then move up to two-handed.

- practice up to three moves at the same time. So when you get stuck on one, you can transition into another. This will also prevent burnout and boredom working on the same move over and over and over again.

- you'll pick up hand dexterity rather quickly. But massive repetition is key.

Dec 31, 2015
When it comes to cardistry, here is the course I created that was designed for a complete beginner, and I'm always working and adding to it monthly. Also, it may get moved to a different location, but for now, here is the link: http://bit.ly/2ecEMLb

Also, feel free to check out my relaunched website. Though work there has only just begun it's another resource that I feel is worth keeping an eye on (http://bit.ly/2eTqzmU).

Thanks for the advice so far guys! Genesis is defintely one I'll be looking at soon as I've heard lots of good things. And I appreciate the advice regarding what cuts to learn and to keep three moves on the go. Bicycles are what I'm using at moment for that exact reason, ruined a deck in a week haha! I'll keep my Monarchs and Artsians primarily for magic tricks until I can get the handling down a point where I'm happy I won't destroy these beautiful decks.

I'll check your link out tomorrow Steven as I'm all carded out today, but thanks massively for the reply!

I like this community already ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results