New Member - Banned from Magic Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2011
Cornwall, UK
Hi Guys,

Apparently you are allowed to have your own opinion but if the mods don't agree with it you get 'flamed'

Dave Scribner asst manager is a 'douche bag'

and didn't appreciate my thoughts on one Kevin Curtin (just google him)

maybe Dave likes young children as well.

JammyT

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been a member of the magic cafe but welcome to the T11 forums. There is a lot of members with great advice and tons of experience. I am always willing to help whenever I can don't be afraid to ask. Oh and this isn't personal or I'm not saying this cuz you said you were banned but if I don't tell you to check out the rules, someone else will so you might want to just check them out. Don't worry, every new members gets asked to check them out. Looking forward to seeing you around.

~Andrew~

Feb 7, 2011
Welcome to the forums. You dont have to worry about mods here, they are always helpful and open minded. But discussing kevin curtin isn't the kind of thread that you see here often, in fact it isn't seen here at all. Unless it is a thread about the public's view on magicians, and how devious they may be, simply discussing a court case just wont sit. I dont know what you did to be banned form the magic cafe, but a remark like that about their assistant manager is only going to damage your name in the industry.

Kevin.

(maybe i should clarify that im NOT kevin curtin)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
...And all this matters why?

Look, the Café is well known for attracting criticism in areas to do with, shall we say, manager discretion. Sometimes it's valid, and sometimes it isn't. Sometimes, the "old guard" unfairly knock on anyone not in their group, particularly when it comes to criticism. Other times, they are legit. I know nothing about what happened with you, but dare I ask: so what? Of course, each of the staff have friends and agendas of their own. But this is true of life, never mind magic forums! I suggest that you need to learn to deal with it. I don't mean to sound condescending, particularly as I don't know your life experience or age in particular, but you should know that life isn't fair.

In the meantime, I sincerely hope you find a pleasanter experience on these forums - but strongly advise that you let bygones be bygones, and wipe your feet at the door.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Welcome to theory11!

We are open minded here to all sorts of discussion, however from your very first post (and knowing nothing about the person you are refering to) I can see this is headed in an inappropriate direction. For this reason I am closing this thread. Feel free to ask any questions, so long as the content stays appropriate for the users here.

L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results