New Promo

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
http://vimeo.com/4335066

Hey guys the above link is my new promo video.
It was edited by my girlfriend (sloppyshuffle).

It will be changing as I get more footage and such.

Any criticisms are welcomed- both good and bad. Although I pay more attention to the bad.

Thanks
~vintage

Nov 8, 2008
Copenhagen
It is great but, I think that you should have focused a bit more on people's reactions. And sometimes we only see your head, I don't really like those shots Otherwise it was great...

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
Thanks for the compliment.

What shots are you specifically criticizing? The ones where it is just my head. I just need to know so I can edit accordingly.

As far as spectator reaction I think there is a fair amount but I could agree there is never enough.

Thank you
~Vintage

I'd say get rid of the clips of you in your room.
If this is a promo video, you've got potential clients watching it. They don't want to see your tricks on the video, they want to see how your audience reacts to them. That's why they'll hire you :)

Sep 2, 2007
Okay...its a good first draft.

Get rid of the clips of you in your room. Simple to fix, go out a film the effects for some random people.

Get some quotes in there. Do you have any on line quotes that highlight you...like...."He blow my mind out of my nose!" - Bill Gates

Also, break away from the music and use some of the footage of you on stage WITH SOUND. So we can hear what you sound like. Chose a section that is an end of a great effect. So its a strong reaction sound. Make sure you have some of your voice in it. People want to make sure you don't have an annoying voice.

Also, I personally enjoy when the videos have a "Button." Or a Clean Ending. So at the end, fade out your music and hae you bowing and fade the video out. Then bring up your contact info. Just adds a nice finishing touch.

PM if you have any questions.

-Jacob

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results