New Release: Vertigo by Rick Lax

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Just in case you missed it this evening, we welcomed a new product into the theory11 family, Vertigo by Rick Lax. In this effect, a deck of cards is removed from the box, and the empty box is balanced on the side of the deck. Barely on the deck. Impossibly balanced. That's only the beginning.

If you haven't checked the preview out yet, do it now. Watch the entire thing, clear to the end. In a second phase, the playing cards themselves - the full deck (!!) - is balanced on the box. Over the edge. Suspended. Frozen in time.

In Vertigo, Rick teaches both an in the hands method and a table method for this impossible balancing act. He also teaches several real balancing tricks that, when used with Vertigo, help to blur the lines between magic and reality. Used all together, you get an organic, zen-like feel to the whole trick. Nobody will know if they witnessed magic, or simply you breaking the laws of physics.

Vertigo gets crazy reactions. Trust me. Watch your spectator's faces when they are looking at something completely and undeniably impossible, sitting right in front of their face.

If you haven't seen it, check it out here. This. Is. Vertigo.

L

[video=youtube;F1yPqzSFpWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1yPqzSFpWg[/video]

Jun 1, 2009
Looks very cool, but doesn't really seem to fit me. I'm sure others will love this though.

Jacob

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Vertigo is one of those rare effects that fools the pants off of just about everyone that sees it. Rick has shown this to some of the most respected names in magic, and the response has been unanimous. It's powerful, with each phase building on the previous with that incredible visual of the FULL deck balancing on the empty box at the end.

The method is diabolical, deceptive, and extremely practical. You set up ONCE - and you're ready for a zillion performances. It resets instantly, and you can hand the cards out at the end or go RIGHT into your next effect. It's a built and tried, tested routine - the DVD teaches an in-the-hands AND on-the-table handling that will work for ANY performance venue you can imagine. It packs small but plays BIG. I love it.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Vertigo is ridiculously fun. Once Rick showed me how it was done, I couldn't stop tinkering with it. Very versatile and has so many practical applications it's ridiculous. Whether you're a magician or cardist, the presentation could go either way depending on your style. As JB said, it packs small and plays big - there is no reason NOT to bring it with you everywhere you go. I haven't been able to put it down since, going to put together a short cardistry routine revolving around it.

This is a very good looking effect and I'm sure pulls in some great results. This just looks very similar to a concept that Mathieu Bich came up with a while back called Counter Weight, it looks to me like the same idea but instead of on the edge of a hand, the edge of a box or deck of cards. I mean no criticism by all means, but just my thoughts

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This is a very good looking effect and I'm sure pulls in some great results. This just looks very similar to a concept that Mathieu Bich came up with a while back called Counter Weight, it looks to me like the same idea but instead of on the edge of a hand, the edge of a box or deck of cards. I mean no criticism by all means, but just my thoughts

I shared Vertigo with Mathieu Bich several weeks ago. While the effects (balancing) may be somewhat similar, the methods are entirely different.

RickLax

<b><a href="http://www.theory11.com/artists/Rick-
Sep 26, 2011
Las Vegas
ricklax.com
Hey Eric,

I don't think it'll be released in a digital format because you do actually need the DVD shipment to perform the trick, if that makes any sense. Or maybe I've just confused you further... :/

-Ricky

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results