New sentinels?

Mar 2, 2009
Hey.
So I have a question. When the sentinels first came out I loved them. The thicker stock and finish really made a great deck of cards. That was back in august. But a few weeks ago I ordered some sentinels for black Friday. I just got a chance to open them and they feel... Different? The stock is thinner, the finish is not as smooth. Even when comparing the new deck to the old one, the deck was about 5 cards thinner. Now here's my question. Did anyone else experience this? Or am I just unlucky? I'm a big t11 cannot and this is the only problem I've ever had!! Responces would be great!

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
I checked the house deck of Sentinels at the Magic Apple which is a local magic shop for me. Though the house deck was a bit beat up compared to my Sentinels there is something different there. You might be on to something. Or we are all just crazy.

I would put my money on crazy though.

AveryAxel

Banned
Jan 5, 2011
An allergy of some sort but to make sure it's not fleas fill a cup or shallow dish with water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid and place that on the floor in a common area where the dog spends a good deal of time and put a light over it.

Oct 8, 2007
Charleston, SC
Yoyo -

Personally my allergies are just fine, as I have the immune system of a Spartan - cheerleader. Regarding the Sentinels, we currently aren't aware of any wide spread issues as this is the first reporting.

Rest assured any variances that may arise in the product quality will be quickly and swiftly resolved. Respect.

Mar 2, 2009
well..
i also feel sentinels and 125s have the same thin stocks...
i dont know why buy i feel it so thin almost like a paper book....

did anyone feel the same?

Yea, thin stock? when i first got the sentinels i was excited because the stock felt similar to Arrcos. Thick and snappy
but now they feel thinner and softer. I dont know. I PMd the support and they said it must be an isolated incident. But yea....

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just a quick note in follow up on this. We did some quality tests this past week on the newest run of Sentinels, and we found nothing abnormal. I'm holding a deck in hand right now, and the only noticeable change at issue is that the first edition print is a bit darker black than the newest edition. This can easily occur due to changes in the mix of ink and environmental factors on the press that particular day. The paper feels very similar to the original run of Sentinels, but no two editions will feel exactly the same as USPCC manufacturers and coats the paper from scratch. The same paper grade stock was utilized though, so it should feel as close as possible with no intentional changes.

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Hey.
So I have a question. When the sentinels first came out I loved them. The thicker stock and finish really made a great deck of cards. That was back in august. But a few weeks ago I ordered some sentinels for black Friday. I just got a chance to open them and they feel... Different? The stock is thinner, the finish is not as smooth. Even when comparing the new deck to the old one, the deck was about 5 cards thinner.
The old deck becomes thicker because of the temperature differences. Also, every single card becomes thicker because of using the deck (that sounds weird and obvious, I know), and all 54 cards make that 5 card "difference" you see. If you could get a time machine, go back to the August 2010 and buy Sentinels and compare them with one that you bought recently, I'm 90% sure you wouldn't find any difference at all. Best wishes,
Alexander.

i dont know BUT i feel the different when i open the deck and slide one card into my hand..
i have expert at the card table playing card and i compare it with sentinels and 125s and it totally different..
i dont know if this happen because its brand new opened deck but maybe i can tell you later after play with it a few weeks..
:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results