New Site Finally Here?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Fancy new stuff coming 'atcha! We've been hard at work over many months crafting every bit of what you're looking at today. We're still tweaking some things and applying some final polish - so if you notice anything strange (or not working like you think it should), submit a message to our support team and let us know!

Most of all, take a look around and get comfortable in our newly remodeled home! The new site is WAY faster, sleeker, simpler, and more sophisticated than ever. We're hugely proud of the final result!

Nov 10, 2014
I felt like a kid in a new school "Hi, I'm new, how to do I get to the forum?" anyways, joking aside, how does the new site work on mobile, I know the old one of pretty clunky.

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
I really like the new site so fancy, pretty different for sure I will need some time to get used to it because we knew the old one so much I could definitely go to any page in the site blindfolded, well kind of:D:D.

Market??? what is up with that? I like the "wire" more it was one of a kind.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys,

Just wanting to let you all know that in less than 6 hours, White Gold Monarchs are SOLD OUT! Thanks to everyone for the amazing support - today was an incredible release event! We also want to thank everyone for the kind words about the new site launch! All built from scratch, and we wanted to get it out before the release window. Take a look around and see all the new features. There may be some bugs out there, so if you run into one, report it to our Support team so we can get it taken care of ASAP.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Market??? what is up with that? I like the "wire" more it was one of a kind.

Yep! Unless you were around for the early days of theory11, "The Wire" didn't mean anything. The Marketplace is a title that makes WAY more sense to someone who is new to theory11. We think The Wire was a cool name too, it just wasn't as practical or useful.

// L

jdistefano

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2015
We run a business, we are going to use what works. Cool alone doesn't pay the bills! If cool paid the bills, I would be set for life!

Please be careful with that mentality. It is a slippery slope. I have watched many great companies go under because they became more interested in chasing money than providing a great experience for their users.

Love the new site!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Lyle was joking - but he's correct that practical and useful outweigh simply "cool." We aim to be all of those things, as each is important!

THANK YOU to everyone for all of the amazing comments on the new site. We're extremely grateful and we're super happy that this big secret is finally OUT in the world!

Welcome to our new house - made specifically for you guys. We spent a huge amount of time specifically on these forums - making them load faster, easier to read, and more mobile-friendly than ever.

Yesterday was a very tiring day, but well worth the effort! As you guys continue to browse and get comfortable with the new site, definitely keep us in the loop if you notice anything strange or glitchy - we're still working through some minor bugs, but everything overall is running super smooth and snappy!

Reactions: timsilva

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Great decision on renaming it to "Marketplace" from "The Wire," as cool as the name was. It's far more intuitive and less open to misunderstandings for new users. The entire site reflects the refined business directions and focuses really well.

@jdistefano I doubt renaming one section of the website is a sign that theory11's integrity will go flying out the window. :p

Dec 21, 2015
What have I missed...

Amazing job with the site, btw. Totally caught me by surprise. Obviously, like any other curious person here.. I'm going to spend quite some time exploring the new site. Seriously, great job. I don't think I've seen a better site. I'm not just saying that.

\\M

jdistefano

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2015
@jdistefano I doubt renaming one section of the website is a sign that theory11's integrity will go flying out the window. :p

Not sure I see where I implied that, however do I appreciate the concern. I was simply responding to Lyle's comment about paying bills.

As a Software Consultant, I've helped build a lot of startup companies and have had to watch most of them go down in flames because of poor decisions made by ownership. Decisions that all stemmed from a basic misunderstanding of the difference between sales and retention. Needless to say, it is a sore subject for me.

I like Theory11. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. They have an excellent team, sell great products, and provide a wonderful experience for their users. I did not mean to imply otherwise. My comment above was only meant to be a friendly warning to be careful about falling into the trap of letting "paying the bills" guide their decisions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results