New Three Fly Sequence

dentian

Elite Member
Apr 29, 2010
I've recently been working on a new three fly sequence to place in between two of Eric Jones' effects, Flash coins reli-t (FCRL) and the Oxy Clean Coin Routine (OCCR). I always thought that there was something missing in between the production, so this is what i did.

Here is what i call the 'Flash Fly Re-Lit': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYbnsqjUhKw

and the 'Not So Oxy-Clean Coin Routine':http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFAAgDmTzu8

I borrowed my gaffs from a friend as i cannot afford them yet, but please give me some feed back on what i could improve in this three fly sequence!

Nov 23, 2008
Handle things gently...

I've recently been working on a new three fly sequence to place in between two of Eric Jones' effects, Flash coins reli-t (FCRL) and the Oxy Clean Coin Routine (OCCR). I always thought that there was something missing in between the production, so this is what i did.

Here is what i call the 'Flash Fly Re-Lit': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYbnsqjUhKw

and the 'Not So Oxy-Clean Coin Routine':http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFAAgDmTzu8

I borrowed my gaffs from a friend as i cannot afford them yet, but please give me some feed back on what i could improve in this three fly sequence!

This is what I feel needs a little work. You need to learn to finesse the coin gimmicks in your 3 Fly routine. Your causing the gimmicks to click when you open or close the gimmick. One thing that might help this is to place a small self stick paper dot under the flap or just a piece of invisible tape. This will help when opening the gimmick and will keep the gimmick from making noise when it closes. You handled the routine pretty nice. Just need more rehearsal to get things to become smooth. You also might think about slowing the routine down just a bit. This will allow you to add a bit of drama to the routine in the appropriate places. This might also help to keep you from making the clicking noises with the gimmick. Overall you did a nice job of the 3 Fly concept. As I stated you just need more rehearsal to smooth out the handling and you should get used to doing the routine up at chest level. That is where you would most likely want to perform this type of routine at. Even though you will start at waist level for the initial production of the coins with the flash paper you will want to transition "UP" to the chest level for the performance of the 3 Fly routine and then back "DOWN" for the disappearance of the coins at the end. I hope this helps some. Good luck. Your doing great!

dentian

Elite Member
Apr 29, 2010
This is what I feel needs a little work. You need to learn to finesse the coin gimmicks in your 3 Fly routine. Your causing the gimmicks to click when you open or close the gimmick. One thing that might help this is to place a small self stick paper dot under the flap or just a piece of invisible tape. This will help when opening the gimmick and will keep the gimmick from making noise when it closes. You handled the routine pretty nice. Just need more rehearsal to get things to become smooth. You also might think about slowing the routine down just a bit. This will allow you to add a bit of drama to the routine in the appropriate places. This might also help to keep you from making the clicking noises with the gimmick. Overall you did a nice job of the 3 Fly concept. As I stated you just need more rehearsal to smooth out the handling and you should get used to doing the routine up at chest level. That is where you would most likely want to perform this type of routine at. Even though you will start at waist level for the initial production of the coins with the flash paper you will want to transition "UP" to the chest level for the performance of the 3 Fly routine and then back "DOWN" for the disappearance of the coins at the end. I hope this helps some. Good luck. Your doing great!

Thanks for the advice! Indeed for the flash routine i do need to move the three fly to the chest level as i did in the 'Not So Oxy Clean Coin Routine', the main confound i had was the camera angle, because if you could see my chest and the table, you probably wouldn't see the coins. I will definitely try to make the coins nest more silently as that would definitely reveal things.. And i will also try slowing the routine down a bit.

Once again, thank you! I hope others can also give me some advice on this routine!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results