New Trick I Invented

Mar 10, 2013
Murphy, NC
Here is a New Trick I would like to share with you!
[video=youtube;LoUvXghIKKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoUvXghIKKc[/video]​
I hope it fools you. It's one of my all time favorites! Let me know what you think :)

Last edited by a moderator:

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I am generally extremely skeptical when someone posts about a trick they invented.

But I would buy this, if it were for sale. Very interesting. Good work.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
There was a very similar piece that came out a few years ago (Hole in the Head I think was the name) but it was very limited and from what I can tell, you aren't using the same method e.g. you have a piece of dynamite and I'd certainly love to be one of the first in line if you plan on marketing it.

Dec 29, 2011
Wow, you've really been doing some great stuff, I honestly have no a clue when it comes to any of your videos, do you perform much?

Mar 10, 2013
Murphy, NC
I perform regularly in a small town called Murphy, NC I created Permeable this month and I am starting to work it into my performances :) It is doing quite well... In regards to releasing it I must say I have never released any of my effects before. I would like to but I don't want to release Permeable first. Permeable still needs some tweaking.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
No digital manipulations here?

I've gotta ask the same question. It looks great, but I can't see how it's possible unless you use a stooge or a camera trick.

Obviously I'm open to it being a real trick, and am inclined to believe you, but can you tell us for 100% sure that this is a real, impromptu trick?

Best,
Vince

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It's not impromptu but only 1 person is needed to preform it. I'll leave it at that :)

Would it be too much to ask if the trick can be (relatively quickly) set up anywhere and performed, or is it more difficult to set up than that? Since you mentioned it's not impromptu, I'm guessing it takes a decent amount of set up.

You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to, I'm just curious. :)

Best,
Vince

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
There was a very similar piece that came out a few years ago (Hole in the Head I think was the name) but it was very limited and from what I can tell, you aren't using the same method e.g. you have a piece of dynamite and I'd certainly love to be one of the first in line if you plan on marketing it.

Yeah, it's a different method. You couldn't face the audience with the hole in head trick.

This is a really cool piece of magic! I can see it working great on stage with a spotlight and a projector screen :)

How similar is this to Morgan Strebbler's piece of magic with a shadow?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results