Next book

Sep 26, 2009
Hello guys I love this forum so I want to ask you... Today I finaly read whole royal road to cardmagic and I think i learned almost all techniques not all magic tricks but almost all techniques and here comes my question.. Which book or DVD should I take next?

THx for any advice :)

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Hello guys I love this forum so I want to ask you... Today I finaly read whole royal road to cardmagic and I think i learned almost all techniques not all magic tricks but almost all techniques and here comes my question.. Which book or DVD should I take next?

THx for any advice :)

next step is to go out and perform what you learned.

Nov 27, 2009
Expert Card Technique, by the same guys as royal road.
Card Control by Arthur Buckley.
Expert at the Card Table.
I recommend that you read them in that order, or read Card Control and Expert Card Technique at the same time. Those books are amazing and will take you a few years to work through. So while you work on those, pick up Stars of Magic for a lesson on the classics, not just in cards, but in other forms of magic as well.

Nov 27, 2009
All of the books I recommended put together will cost you about the same as 2 volumes of card college, and you get essentially the same material. Like you, I've heard that Card College is good. It is probably one of the best modern courses in card magic, but it costs a lot more than the old books, which is partly why I love the older books. They cost half as much as the recent products.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I generally echo YRAMagicMan here. I'd definitely pick up Expert Card Technique and Expert at the Card Table. For me, Card Control is less of an essential, but there are a few nice bits and pieces. My recommendation is to study ECT and EATCT at roughly the same time, not waiting to master all the techniques from one book before moving on to the other. The reason being that you won't ever get round to the second book if you're waiting to achieve perfection in the work from first.

Erdnase is an ever-unfolding enigma, susceptible of multiple interpretations, and can therefore be a lifetime's study. The Hugard and Braue book, on the other hand, while generally in the reach of the intermediate card handler, has some strange curiosities which will slow down your learning process. Check out the Zingone Perfect Table Pass and some of the centre deal ideas, for example.

Anyway, after you have a good grounding in RRTCM, ECT, and EATCT the world of card magic is your, to coin a cliche, oyster. There are loads of routes you could go from there, or, if you wanted to, you could make a decent reputation and career just with the material you'll already have.

Sep 26, 2009
Really guys I appreciate your ideas :)
for randy: I already performing a lot but for 2 months I didnt learn something new sooo I want to learn more :)
for other: thx and I get expert card technique and looking for new things so THANK YOU! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results