none silver coins aging process???

Jun 29, 2009
Saginaw, MI
I see all the threads on how to age and tarnish a silver coin, but is there a way to do the same to an esinhower dollar. I failed to read the part saying that you cant soak them in bleach; my coins turned weird colors.

Dec 19, 2009
Since the common Eisenhower Dollar has no silver, putting bleach on copper/nickel will make some funky colors. There is no simple or easy household item to turn this dark. I can suggest baking it in the oven. Yes. In the oven. That should darken it some. Otherwise, normal hand use will dark them up.

I hope this helps. I highly suggest investing in Morgans. I promise the investment is well worth it. It took me six months to find, save, and purchase my set of Morgans.

Jun 29, 2009
Saginaw, MI
I took your advice and purchased a set of morgans and you are very right they are worth every penny and look so beautiful when performing. Thanks for all of the info!!

Dec 19, 2009
Awesome. Glad I could help!! :) I'd also like to suggest some other great coin forums with a plethora of information for you: themagiccafe.com

Jan 26, 2011
Eisenhower dollars are distributed as silver coins of 40% of that available in special packaging LIED from 1971 through the Bicentennial. Beaten both as evidence of the coins out of circulation and sold in plastic wrap originally.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results