OFFICIAL: What do you guys think? Voice your opinion.

Speaking of essays, if you haven't checked out some of the essays that have already been posted, I would definitely suggest doing that. Those posts are exactly what we are hoping to cultivate here - intelligent discussion on magic and theory. Not so much with the bickering and fighting. That doesn't really help anybody out. But it is kinda fun, so Raiker, if you're reading this, you smell bad.

Dana

essays as meaning the same as "the shaman forum" on E?

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I really love this site, I don't think I've ever been on one site for as long as I have in the past day on this site. Theres so much, and the forums are great. I can't wait to see the 1-on-1, and gear pages to open up. Thanks to everyone at T11.

I must say, I had no clue that Theory 11 was going to be a whole website. I thought it was going to be a huge collaboration DVD. When I first saw the site. I will admit. I was blown away. Clearly you guys have been putting all you have into this. It really rocks. I ordered 6 Guardians right away and I can't wait for them to arrive in the mail. I even shelled out the extra money for expedited shipping. I think the guardians are one of, if not the, coolest decks I have ever seen.

Kudos guys, the site really looks amazing.

-Zodiac-

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I actually have a question for anyone here running Theory 11.

How exactly will the 1-on-1 section work? Is going to be like an uploaded lesson every so often? Or will it eventually turn into a library or mini-tutorials? I'm so anxious about the stuff we will start seeing here in the future. Is there anymore information that you can give us regarding the "The Wire" section too?

Thanks,

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
England
Jon, are you really taking the negative? Because if so i would just like to say that - EDITED

Nice job with the site. I'm not convinced it is a 'revolution' but some promising stuff it has to be said.

Tom

I had 0 expectations coming here because I had no Idea it was coming.

That said the sight is absolutely marvelous, I think the people running this sight are amazing, and the idea of theory 11 is fantastic. I havent been able to stop coming here and by the looks of how things are going, Im gunna have a new homepage.

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Well I have to say that it is amazing. You guys prove that you actually care about the art instead of the money.

Also I want to say that the whatistheory11 thing was a great idea. It was fun and got a lot of people involved.

thanks guys

Sep 1, 2007
It's perfect for me to be honest:

-Currently selling 3 effects, that literally blew my mind.
-Selling a beautiful deck.
-A SCHOOLCRAFT GIMMICK, FOR $35!
-Cheap fast shipping, to all countries.
-Interactive forum admin.
-A clean smooth layout(makes a huge different.
-Easy to navigate site with lots of media and a forum to talk on.
-Great customer service.
-Amazing Magicians running the place.

I could go on and on guys, i'm REALLY excited for the future...

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
Top notch site, and you really can not bet the prices. DVD and everything needed with all the effects,and under $40.00, AMAZING. Feels like home already.

Jeremy

Aug 31, 2007
My Honest, Genuine Opinions.

Harapan from Singapore here, and I would like to congratulate the Theory 11 team on the successful launching of Theory 11. This is a good step towards improving the magic scene on the whole.

However, if you don't mind, I would like to voice out some of my concerns for Theory 11. I am genuinely and truly concerned for Theory 11, and I hope the team will listen to what I have to say, and hopefully take some action. The following words are going to be harsh and brutally honest, but I hope some of my humble insights serve as constructive criticism, which will hopefully push Theory 11 further. Some of these thoughts have been shared among my peers, and I felt that if no one is going to say it, it will never be. So here I am, taking the first step.

Firstly, from the VERY moment Theory 11 opened, people were immediately commenting on how similar it is to Ellusionist.com. I cannot deny that, I mean, just look at the basic website layout and design - it's a replica of Ellusionist's website, honestly. The design is the same, the advertisement style is the same... it's really Ellusionist-like.

Nothing wrong with that, as much as I don't wish to say it, magicians generally have a bad impression of Ellusionist. Well, at least for me and my peers. That is because Ellusionist is generally known for:

1. Over-hyped advertising

2. Generating extremely expensive products that have low practical usage, such as single trick DVDs that cost loads of money, strange looking custom decks that cost three times more than a normal deck etc

3. Bad magic culture - how many times have I gone on Youtube, and have 99% of all magic exposure tutorials made by people who think they're Blaine or Angel, can't speak properly, use Black Tiger Decks and Viper Decks and Ghost Decks and start exposing tricks popular on Ellusionist.com?

It's these things I am hoping Theory 11 would solve. Especially the third factor of magic beginners not treating magic properly. Despite the negativity of most of my magic buddies, I saw Theory 11 has a beacon of hope - it is like an Ellusionist.com made by the TRUE MASTERS of magic. 11 professionals, 11 artists, 11 magicians seeing that the magic industry is falling apart, and thus coming together, and using their expertise to lead the youths in magic in the correct direction.

Sadly, I am really worried about where Theory 11 is going to progress towards.

To me, even if the Theory 11 design is like Ellusionist, as long as the people involved are good, dedicated magicians and artists, hey, that makes all the difference. But sadly, I am VERY VERY VERY worried about the type of people coming into Theory 11. The forums are now chock full of young magicians previously from Ellusionist and who knows where else, bringing their generally bad culture over here. I am a young magician myself, but I know I am matured enough. I am truly passionate about magic, and I aspire to be someone who can push magic forward the next step. Mr Kenner said the future of magic is in the youths - that I agree. But I know, having Theory 11 be crammed with youths who don't understand what magic is, is NOT going to help anything.

If this continues, I see Theory 11 turning out to be an Ellusionist clone. In short, I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOME IMMATURE KID ON YOUTUBE, USING BICYCLE GUARDIANS TO EXPOSE 'PANIC' BY AARON FISHER. I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOME IMMATURE 'NOOB' DOING 'DIGITAL DISSOLVE' BADLY ON YOUTUBE, TRYING TO TRADE IT FOR LEE ASHER's 'WITNESS'.

People are talking. People are saying how Ellusionist this whole thing is going to be like. With Jonathan Bayme, Ellusionist prodigy child, Wayne Houchin, Ellusionist star and the Bucks, once on the Ellusionist team, people are saying Theory 11 IS Ellusionist.com itself. Some people are accussing professional masters like Lee Asher, Aaron Fisher and Chris Kenner of just trying to cash in on the magic craze.

I know they are not. I know that all 11 of them are dedicated magicians, here to make a difference in the magic scene.

I hope I can be the 12th, doing that too. I hope I have sort of reminded the Theory 11 team that making everything look like Ellusionist all over again, is not going to work. If you have some plan of solving the "bad magic culture of exposure" problem, I am very happy. But currently, the way I, as a customer see it, nothing is done. I want Theory 11 to be the website which can promote and produce good magicians. So far, no other website can do it. All websites produce young magicians who are Blaine-wannabes who think they're so great in magic.

Theory 11 can go further. Theory 11 CAN do better. With 11 dedicated people behind it, I know it can.

Therefore, in short:

1. I hope Theory 11 won't be another Ellusionist.

2. Please, for magic's sake, let Theory 11 solve the magic exposure problem perpetuated by Ellusionist.com

3. Maybe the website design needs a change, it's practically an Ellusionist replica, and people are hating it.

Theory 11, I respect all of you. I salute all of you in taking this step. But I hope you see some of the problems I have pointed out, and take some action. I hope none of you, be it the team itself or the forum members, are offended by what I have said. If you are, I apologize, but this is really what I think of the whole current situation.

Thank you so much, I wish Theory 11 all the best.

- harapan. magic!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results