Old Cards?

Sep 2, 2007
I put them in my card drawer and rubber band them to the rest of my cards of that colour! b :D Keeps 'em organized and I have my dupes.

Oct 21, 2007
i give them away when they arnt to my liking,when they lose thier stiffness.
i actuily just handed out a deck of guridans to my friend because some one stole her cards.
idk why someone needs to steal cards but they did.

Nov 17, 2007
I just save them. Never know when you're gonna need a couple old decks. (Like that Saturday Night Contest: Crazy Cuts.)

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I bought a little suitcase with a lock on it so i store all of my rare cards in it.Lock it up then i hide it in my closet!

Take care

Cheers,

Antney1234

Oct 9, 2007
Use old card for things like torn and restored cards or warpone. I practise palming with old cards aswell. Also if there is a certain sleight which is much easier with new cards than old cards, practise with the old cards untill you can do it and you will find that when you try it with new cards, it looks perfect :p

Sep 9, 2007
practicing (finger spins, palms, snap changes), gaffs and effects that damage (tear, sharpie) cards.

also, it's good to practce tricks with really beat up decks because alot of people at parties will be like "this is the magician I was telling you about! let me get some cards..." and then they come back with the most abused messed up cards.

I find that if you leave an old deck in the box for a few weeks they actually come out rather nicely and are good for practicing lepaul spreads and springs and such, I just can't bring myself to throw decks away really, so I have a whole drawer of dead ones :p

Nov 25, 2007
Cyprus
Mostly, my four year old daughter gets them, she thinks she is a magician bless her!

I can't throw them away either. Very usefull for doing "Tearable" (Doc Eason).also where duplicates are required, and they are great for practising your "Mercury Fold".

Christo

Oct 9, 2007
Another good idea is to use one old card as a dirty card in a newer deck. Sort of like a key card. Easy to cut to aswell.

I can't throw them away either. Very usefull for doing "Tearable" (Doc Eason).also where duplicates are required, and they are great for practising your "Mercury Fold".

Christo

Exactly my thinking. I am working on my Mercury Fold now and actually wish I had more old cards to use up.

I also go through a lot of cards practicing Osmosis in AoA. And of course old cards are good for any signed card tricks. Just force the old card so it gets picked and signed. That way your new deck stays whole.

Sep 8, 2007
pack it up and then archive it in the almighty library of cards and return to it whenever needed to be used once again....

nah i just throw them in my little tin box along with my other decks and seal it up.. . or set it on fire...:D

If they're just bad as in the sense that they don't handle well, I find creative uses for them; card throwing, needlessly springing cards into the air because it makes me feel cool, bookmarks, book covers, wallpaper, etc.

If they're dirty, I just throw them out.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results