Old Timer Magicians

Aug 31, 2007
Nate:

Saw that clip of Kaps quite some time back, and I am still blown away by him, ESPECIALLY with that perpetual salt production. Amazing stuff.

Keep the clips coming - if you find good clips of old magicians, post them here!

- harapan. magic!

Jan 11, 2008
New york
Here is one of my favourite clips. Originator of Invisible Palm plot and many other magnificent routines. He was mentored by Dai Vernon. I'm referring to Larry Jennings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK3sYSoihhU

Here is another one. This is my personal favourite of all routines I've ever seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5kxUuO5JZo

I realy like tommy's card printing routine. the best yet. when i went looking for more of Larry Jennings routines I found an "OLD-NEW" routine.
http://www.larryjennings.com/images/jennings_coin_beer_can.jpg

Jan 11, 2008
New york
Im going to try and use my magic wand more.(not just for cups and balls)
in a long bag like Tommy Wonder's, And clip it on my belt next to my cell phone.
Or the old "Pull the wand out of the coin purse" thing. That Tommy W. got me thinking. call my crazzy thats ok, Im a Magicaian.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
From watching some of these old clips, I've come to the realisation that magic wands aren't as cheesy as I thought. If you get a nice looking one, then it can add a fun little element to your magic. I want one! :p

Nov 30, 2007
From watching some of these old clips, I've come to the realisation that magic wands aren't as cheesy as I thought. If you get a nice looking one, then it can add a fun little element to your magic. I want one! :p

The Society of American Magicians sells sweet wands, thats where I bought mine. I would recommend that.

I have many things to say about this topic so I'll go right in order.

Personally I would love to have these guys teaching on thise site. It would give the younger generation a chance to see the people who invented most of the tricks we use today.

It is very sad...but I have noticed that the art of stage magic is slowly being killed off by street magic. This is a pity, I love old stage magic. Many great artists including Mark Wilson, Dai Vernon, houdini (he was not a magician, but an escape artist). These are all people who performed on a stage and amazed audiances.

For those of you who saw the video above the host of that old video is Mark Wilson. He wrote a brilliant book explaining all of his tricks that I believe should be on every magicians book shelf. It is called Mark Wilson's Complete course in magic. It is like 400 pages long and costs 10 to 20 dollars.

These are my thoughts...

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
houdini (he was not a magician, but an escape artist). These are all people who performed on a stage and amazed audiances.

Actually, Houdini was an incredible magician and a decent escape artist. The only reason he got so much fame is because he put nearly every penny he earned from his Esacpology towards advertising himself.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Actually, Houdini was an incredible magician and a decent escape artist. The only reason he got so much fame is because he put nearly every penny he earned from his Esacpology towards advertising himself.

I've heard that Houdini wasn't that good magician. He stole stuff and published it with his own name.

I don't know myself, but that's what I've heard.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results