On The Pass with Richard Kaufman?

Sep 6, 2007
I have to disagree. I think the Kaufman dvd is much better. You will also learn a ton of different passes.

The Pass With Care dvd is alright. I didn't like his method for executing the pass. I didn't like the "claw" or whatever he called it. I hate tilting the cards up and down when I do a pass. How does that look natural? Yes, you can do it ultra-slow, but the pass should be under misdirection anyway.

I would go with "On the Pass" by Kaufman.

Dec 14, 2007
When you have seen people who have mastered the pass, you will laugh outloud when you see Pass with Care. This may sound harsh, but I believe if you care enough to learn, you deserve the truth: Pass with Care would be the last source I would recommend to anyone for learning the pass. (I was going to review it for mylovelyassistant.com but was recruited by Magic Magazine for their reviews before I had the chance. Suffice it to say, it was going to get a very low rating.)

Ideally, to learn the pass, you would find someone who had truly mastered it and seek them out. But failing that, the Kaufman DVD is a good start.

There are so many things wrong with Pass with Care. Sadly, since most people have never seen someone who really has the pass flawless, they see something which may be better than average and assume its great. I won't even say that Cassford's pass is better than average, I will just say that his flaws are in different places.

Sorry to be negative, but I would hate for someone to pick up a bunch of bad habits that might take years to eventually correct.

Brad Henderson

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results