One Coin Routine

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey everyone,

So I'm a "newb" to the whole coin magic scene, and I made a video showcasing my One Coin Routine I perform every now and then. You can also check the description for the list of creators I got the sequences from. I also have JB Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and I have been making references to that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEDcWIuMfxY

Please tell me what you think, and I hope you enjoy. Dont comment on the music, I just felt that that song was funny so I used it for the hell of it. Thanks!

Cheers,

Casey

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Not bad. The video is very dark, so it's hard to see what is going on. Do you perform mostly at midnight?

The reproductions of the coin after the vanishes need work. You shouldn't just do a hand-wash, and then show you're holding a coin in your hand. That shows that you were just hiding it in the first place.

Try holding onto the coin with just your thumb and one finger when you're displaying it and vanishing it. The more of the surface of the coin that is visible to the audience, the more open it looks.

Scott.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Not bad. The video is very dark, so it's hard to see what is going on. Do you perform mostly at midnight?

The reproductions of the coin after the vanishes need work. You shouldn't just do a hand-wash, and then show you're holding a coin in your hand. That shows that you were just hiding it in the first place.

Try holding onto the coin with just your thumb and one finger when you're displaying it and vanishing it. The more of the surface of the coin that is visible to the audience, the more open it looks.

Scott.

Thanks for your honest opinion Scott. I actually performed it at 5:00 PM, I just used contrast in my editing software to make it stand out more. I also used a thin vignette on the borders to give it a soft feel. But thanks for the advice, I gladly appreciate it!

Cheers,

Casey

I can tell that you were slowing down and speeding up some parts. Its a cool routine, but you need to work on some of the vanishes, same with false transfer. For the final, loading the jumbo coin, I would clean that up a little. Because that part seems unnatural to me.

Overall its a nice routine, just clean it up a little and work on some of the sleight.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Not too shabby. The first vanish wasn't the best. I think you moved a bit too quick. Also, at 34 seconds into it, its was pretty darn fishy with trying to clean up or handwash. Other than that, I enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

Mar 12, 2010
Tucson
Smooth

I think it was fantastic, it really hit me hard and actually fooled me pretty well, and if it can do that then it can deffinitely fool a spectator who knows nothing about magic. But if you work on the smoothness of the routine then it will definitely look way better.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results