One-Handed Shuffle Help

Somebody help me!

I would REALLY like to learn this shuffle, but no matter how far I move my fingers I can't get the two packets to separate far enough or get the cards to weave together at all.

I know the first part of my problem sounds like I am complaining about small hands. I don't want to sound like a baby that way, but I'm not complaining about it like that. I just would like some help on this move is all.

Any advice, tips, criticism, cash?:D

Edit: Just kidding about the cash thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 28, 2009
It's a practice issue. Just keep failing at it and one day it'll happen.

Ther'es no advise that can be given, except keep at it, but I would also suggest don't over try. Just try it for a while a day over time and one day it'll just pan out.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Surprisingly, this move can be helped with. This USED to be the only thing I couldn't get down with constant practice.

As far as getting the cards apart evenly, that is just a matter of practice and muscle memory.

But for me, I couldn't figure out how they were supposed to weave together. I asked questions on Decknique and just got stupid smart ass answers.

Pay attention to which way the cards are cut. This is important when doing faro shuffles/weaving. Decks can only be faroed in one direction

MOST decks faro with backs up. (By backs up I mean when the deck is face down, the faro starts at the top and ends at the bottom) No deck faros good both ways. It's just a matter of how they cut them at the factory.

So if they faro backs up, that means when you attempt a one handed shuffle, you have to have the faces up in order for them to weave easier.

Experiment with what I said.

Most decks faro normally (backs up) (Tally's, bikes, aladdins.)

Other decks, such as E decks, bee decks, faro from the faces up.

So in conclusion, practice on getting the cards in the right position before the weave, and make sure the cards are facing the right direction when you attempt the weave.

hope you can make some sense of that

-Kevin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results