One Trick Before You Died - What Would It Be?

Thanks allot guys, glad you enjoyed the read. Its good to see some people still use the lost art of reading an entire post :p hahaha

Tumbleweed, I certainly see your point. But look at it this way, yes Houdini is remembered as "The magician" by people who have never read about him. By us magicians, however, he is remembered as the guy who stood up again false psychics and took a stand against charlatans who fooled people into thinking they could talk to the dead not for entertainment, but for greed. That is who Eric Weiss (Sp?) was and even though magic was a big part of his life and defined who he was for those that just look back on him now, those that care to know the man he truly was will see what his life was about.

Thanks again guys (who actually read the post)
C=B
p.s. Why would you perform control before you died? Just to scare the crap out of your friends and family and then go "Hey I was just kidding!" and then die again... for real...

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Actually that is not Bad at all
Avoid using Prick though
Im no Prick
I must Admit it
I have a primitive Narrow Minded Way of thinking
Or so I've been told

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 18, 2008
Magic is a means to an end.

Magic, for some people, becomes more than an art; it becomes a way to achieve their purpose. And although at first it might seem that magic shouldn't have a purpose it does.

Art in general, and thus magic, has two purposes.

For most, it is an opportunity to act socially. It is a gateway to meet knew people, and most importantly, when performed correctly, magic is the medium which immortalizes the performer in the spectator's mind. Magic provides a way for someone to leave a legacy.

People also perform magic for a reason that is far less common---enlightenment. It might not make sense. How can magic provides answers to life's questions? Magic causes others to think, when performed perfectly, magic will leave the spectator thinking. Magic with a deck of cards cannot achieve it, but certain pieces can actually inspire the spectator. Magic causes people to think about themselves and the future. However, less perfect magic can create the same feelings. Patter alone, performed with a basic trick like ACR can also ping interest about the future. Using life as the theme of an ACR piece will not have the same effect, but it will cause spectators to think about the unknown all the same. Magic creates interest. It provides stability for those who need to feel secure in the face of the unknown. Magic can actually create enlightenment.

Jul 3, 2008
arizona
i'd do a pulse stop. so when i come back i'd tell them to hold so when i do die they would be sitting there waiting. o.k joking aside i'd do stigmata cause thats what everyone at my school knows me by.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results