Online Sessions

Sep 4, 2007
Hello,

My name is chatmaster. I want to play a little game.....

Just kidding. Here's why I'm here:

I'm here to bring up an issue, already being discussed here: what is wrong with magic today.

Now, rather than limit myself to a whole forum, I want TRUE magicians, people like myself, 5 1/2 years of real, magic experience performing various routines, and who know their stuff, to discuss issues in magic, and anything magic related.

When? Fridays or Saturdays, 11 to 11:45 EASTERN US TIME, twice a month. If you are interested in joining these sessions (AIM...if you don't have AIM.....just add that information in your PM), contact me via PM. Tell me your magic background and experience, and why you want to join these prestigious chat sessions.

These are really for experienced and/or pros, for a select reason.

All the best, and join up if you think you have the skills to speak out.....

Chatmaster.

Sep 4, 2007
So it takes 5+ years to be a TRUE magician? Sorry I don't like your attitude towards your fellow magicians.

No, I'm suggesting that I don't want people who can do a simple David Blaine routine........I'm saying I consider myself accomplished.

CM

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I am just waiting for someone to come along with 10+ years of experience wanting to start another private club. You pretty much missed the entire point of these forums which is to bring everyone together, not slice them into small elitist pockets of people. Or were you just giving us an example of what is wrong with magic today?

--Jim

Aug 31, 2007
Right, but there's no safe way to share big ideas with huge groups of people and expect them to stay secrets. Sessions like this are great for tossing around ideas, getting them improved, and getting new ideas. The reason forums have exposure rules is to keep ideas like that from becoming tossed around freely like the Balducci Levitation. Chatmaster might have said it in an easy-to-misunderstand way, but it really is a well-intentioned idea.

Right, but there's no safe way to share big ideas with huge groups of people and expect them to stay secrets. Sessions like this are great for tossing around ideas, getting them improved, and getting new ideas. The reason forums have exposure rules is to keep ideas like that from becoming tossed around freely like the Balducci Levitation. Chatmaster might have said it in an easy-to-misunderstand way, but it really is a well-intentioned idea.

going by what Chatmaster had originally posted all he wanted to discuss was the things that are wrong with magic today , he did not express any wish to expose any secrets.

and yes jimbowmanjr got it right when he said Chatmaster missed the entire point of this forum.

Chatmaster perhaps your intention was well placed... so give it another try .

Sep 4, 2007
going by what Chatmaster had originally posted all he wanted to discuss was the things that are wrong with magic today , he did not express any wish to expose any secrets.

and yes jimbowmanjr got it right when he said Chatmaster missed the entire point of this forum.

Chatmaster perhaps your intention was well placed... so give it another try .

Ok....

I want to discuss ANYTHING magic, with people who KNOW their magic. Issues SUCH AS:

What we can do to protect the art

Our opinions on different styles of magic

Whether magic and mentalism are to be thrown together or kept seperate.....

etc.

Hope that makes it better,

CM

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Personally - I think this sounds like a great idea. This could be a fantastic way to develop ideas & opinions before we get to Cerca Trova.

Imagine of a few small groups of magicians engaged in the discussion via PM's etc & formulated their ideas & arguments... AND then we all engaged in the formal discussion in Cerca Trova... I think that could lead to a much more productive discussion.

Sep 4, 2007
Personally - I think this sounds like a great idea. This could be a fantastic way to develop ideas & opinions before we get to Cerca Trova.

Imagine of a few small groups of magicians engaged in the discussion via PM's etc & formulated their ideas & arguments... AND then we all engaged in the formal discussion in Cerca Trova... I think that could lead to a much more productive discussion.

Thanks Wayne, that really means alot, considering you actually read the whole thing rather than skip around like some who carelessly sent me PMs about how "dumb an idea" this was.

And yes, it's finally time! First session Saturday from 10:30 Eastern to 10:50.

CM

Edit.....Sorry to those who responded yesterday after 9:30PM, but the session is full. Keep trying :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Thanks Wayne, that really means alot, considering you actually read the whole thing rather than skip around like some who carelessly sent me PMs about how "dumb an idea" this was.

And yes, it's finally time! First session Saturday from 10:30 Eastern to 10:50.

CM

Edit.....Sorry to those who responded yesterday after 9:30PM, but the session is full. Keep trying :)

I responded at 8:55, does that count as late?

Sep 4, 2007
I responded at 8:55, does that count as late?

Sorry Nigel, you were one spot off....but the good news is I've talked to someone who CAN'T make it, and another someone currently has no computer at hand, so your in luck if your reading this. PM me if interested......TWO SPOTS!

Hope to see you there...

CM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results