Jul 8, 2017
My favorite opener I do is the color changing deck ( or the card changes color ), or the trick where the card turns face up in the face down deck ( sorry don’t know the real names for these tricks .) the color changing deck tricks ALWAYS gets good reactions IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY with no flashes

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: MissMagic_photos
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I would say that, even before busting out a deck of cards, the best thing to do is to do a trick that doesn't use a deck of cards. It is more natural. I either do some impromptu ring or bill magic, maybe some mentalism. If I have it on me, I will perform Odyssey, and pair that with Reflex (ending the routine with a 100% impromptu effect leaves me clean). Also, I will perform the "invisible card" from The Advocate, as it doesn't use a physical card up until the end, so it seems impromptu.

Nov 6, 2017
My favorite opener I do is the color changing deck ( or the card changes color ), or the trick where the card turns face up in the face down deck ( sorry don’t know the real names for these tricks .) the color changing deck tricks ALWAYS gets good reactions IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY with no flashes

Hope this helps :)
Thank you and yes that what I tend to do a change was just curious if anyone did anything different haha

Nov 6, 2017
I would say that, even before busting out a deck of cards, the best thing to do is to do a trick that doesn't use a deck of cards. It is more natural. I either do some impromptu ring or bill magic, maybe some mentalism. If I have it on me, I will perform Odyssey, and pair that with Reflex (ending the routine with a 100% impromptu effect leaves me clean). Also, I will perform the "invisible card" from The Advocate, as it doesn't use a physical card up until the end, so it seems impromptu.
this sounds very interesting indeed something I could possibly look into for future performances thankyou for the comment!

Aug 15, 2017
Best opener for close up/bar/street magic due to shaky hands from being a little nervous

I look forward to the feedback
There's a cool bit of magic where say you have 4 cards, 2 aces and 2 kings...you give the spectator the 2 kings and you have the 2 aces. A snap, and suddenly YOU have the 2 kings and THEY have the 2 aces!
It is taught on scamschool I believe. There are many versions, but Brian's is the best.
Honestly, the reactions you get from this are amazing! And this is not to mentally exhausting for the spectator, making it perfect for an opener.
You will also gain confidence after amazing them with this stuff. That should tackle shaking hand problems (I know because heck, I have them too!)

Aaaand...am still looking for the proper name of the above effect!
:)

Reactions: MissMagic_photos
Nov 6, 2017
There's a cool bit of magic where say you have 4 cards, 2 aces and 2 kings...you give the spectator the 2 kings and you have the 2 aces. A snap, and suddenly YOU have the 2 kings and THEY have the 2 aces!
It is taught on scamschool I believe. There are many versions, but Brian's is the best.
Honestly, the reactions you get from this are amazing! And this is not to mentally exhausting for the spectator, making it perfect for an opener.
You will also gain confidence after amazing them with this stuff. That should tackle shaking hand problems (I know because heck, I have them too!)

Aaaand...am still looking for the proper name of the above effect!
:)
I'm liking this effect a lot will have to research it and give it a shot thankyou! P.s. Shaking hands and sweats are the worst

Nov 6, 2017
I get nervous when I am at home working something out for my roommates, still jittery. Usually once the first trick works I get things rolling and the shakes go away.
I just try and keep talking and keep the attention away from my hands!
This is exactly how I am the first time I ever performed I was put on the spot, I was at a super boring party and then someone who knows me was going round the party telling people to come over as I was going to do magic I was no prepared at all I didn't want to perform. And I had about 20 people gather round to watch me my hands started to shake, I got the sweats but after about 3/4 tricks going correctly and smooth my shakes went away

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results