Opinions Needed :: Messing With Science

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I was sitting at the computer as I usually do, and I started to think about different ideas that could become tangible effects in magic.

Normally, I rarely think about creating because I've still got plenty to learn. However, every once in a while I'll have a fleeting thought of some things that might be interesting to see. I thought of the usual things...cards, coins, ropes, XCM...but that didn't quite cut it for me this time.

I wanted to ask everybody for their opinion on what you guys/gals think of taking advantage of scientific principles to bring forth an amazing sight for laymen. Do you think that this would be something that we should look into more, or would we be taking a risk of having those who are gifted in the area of science being able to figure out methods and gimmicks? Then again, I suppose that it would be our responsibility to keep said methods concealed.

I've thought of some things that could be done, but I'm not sure if it would be worth looking into.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Shane K.

I need to talk to my science teacher (this topic reminded me about this, thanks) about static electricity. I know it sounds weird but, if I'm correct my method will be virtually gimickless...and impromptu amd you'll seem like Jesus haha. It's not walking on water but, along the lines.

Science and magic go hand in hand, and the principles which can be brought forth is amazing. I'm actually paying attention in science now to see if I can spark an idea, and hey it paid off.

-Happy Holidays,
-RA69

C

clarrus

I think it's not just knowing science but applying them. I recently got FS a couple of days ago after i ordered it like a month ago. I think USPS either lost it or delivered it to someone else so i had it reshipped via fedex. I digress.

Those who got FS know how science was used to create this effect. VERY INGENIOUS. I think math experts create those "Magical" mathematics. I think a while ago it used to be called "Mathemagics", etc.

One of my stage effects is giving glass the properties of steel. David Blaines mysterious stranger covers a broomstick thing using the law of inertia. Its complicated but, you hit a broomstick with a bad but in the glasses its propped up on dont break. It's really believeable with the right patter.

Sep 1, 2007
you can light salt water on fire if you blast it with like, 18Mhz waves or something, I think i read something about it in "popular science" or "popular mechanics" or somethin. that would probably trip some people out.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
you can light salt water on fire if you blast it with like, 18Mhz waves or something, I think i read something about it in "popular science" or "popular mechanics" or somethin. that would probably trip some people out.

I believe that they're clips of that on youtube somewhere, but yeah...I know what you are talking about.

Shane K.

Oct 26, 2007
Way I see It Is This

sCIENTIFIC pRINCIPLES are already present in very much of the magic performed today.
For a few examples PK rings The devils Cola Bottle Hypno Heat. Wiregrams etc.
Scientists being the intellectual people that they are enjoy magic and if they know a principle or the secret to a trick I am pretty sure they would be happier to be one of the few they do. they aren't the sort of losers to go round revealing to everyone. I say that but then again I may be wrong. but I reckon a good scientific mind if they saw a good trick performed and grasped the idea but were not quite sure, if you let them in on a secret they would let you in on one of theirs.
Its a bit like the prestige I reckons!
shazam babies magic sam!!;)

Oct 26, 2007
sCIENTIFIC pRINCIPLES are already present in very much of the magic performed today.
For a few examples PK rings The devils Cola Bottle Hypno Heat. Wiregrams etc.
Scientists being the intellectual people that they are enjoy magic and if they know a principle or the secret to a trick I am pretty sure they would be happier to be one of the few they do. they aren't the sort of losers to go round revealing to everyone. I say that but then again I may be wrong. but I reckon a good scientific mind if they saw a good trick performed and grasped the idea but were not quite sure, if you let them in on a secret they would let you in on one of theirs.
Its a bit like the prestige I reckons!
shazam babies magic sam!!;)

Sep 1, 2007
I attempted to make a particle accelerator story for Bullet. It's adding patter to an Ellusionist trick, didn't work out too well.

Sep 1, 2007
that is frickin cool, if they can make that frequency with not much power, this could really help out poor people

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results