Original Trick : Konceptual-X

Dec 20, 2008
Got it

Yea, thanks btw, for that comment. Hmmm, should we just put full colour video of some other effect next time?

Feb 15, 2008
Meh... I suppose it's an ok trick... The thing is, there are a lot more impromptu methods of doing this... Much of them (IMO) will hit the audience much harder.

PS: Is it just me, or is everyone posting their own tricks (most of them very 'undeveloped' in my brutally honest opinion) after the Untouched craze?

:D:D GO ME!!! :D:D

RX

Dec 20, 2008
PS: Is it just me, or is everyone posting their own tricks (most of them very 'undeveloped' in my brutally honest opinion) after the Untouched craze?

:D:D GO ME!!! :D:D

RX

Well, fyi nothing cold or harsh dude, i have seen 'Untouched' and know how its done dude.theres another similar trick though. and you are not the only one creating 'developed' trick or watever. Its just our fault for releasing this trick a step too early and we would be promoting another trick which is 'developed ' or should i say better developed than 'untouched' soon.

P.S( Nothing against you dude.peace

Dec 20, 2008
Hey guys please check this thread the next few days,cos we may be releasing another trick to be viewed and comment. Thanks!

Dec 20, 2008
sry

Ooo, sorry man on our part. Thought you were refering to ego by the lovely Danny Garcia. Anyway, oh ya, is there any way this trick can be done impromptu. Any links? Haven seen one so far.

Apr 28, 2008
Ooo, sorry man on our part. Thought you were refering to ego by the lovely Danny Garcia. Anyway, oh ya, is there any way this trick can be done impromptu. Any links? Haven seen one so far.

I'm not sure if it's been done already, although when I watched the video I thought of a couple of impromptu ways of achieving it. The simplest was to use a Gamblers cop and the Clip Shift, this achieves a very similar effect.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Ego?

Last time I saw it I thought I remember it was an instant force followed by a some control.
That was impromptu, wasn't it?

Maybe I misinterpreted the conversation, frankly ,I don't know anymore...

Gustav

Apr 28, 2008
Ego?

Last time I saw it I thought I remember it was an instant force followed by a some control.
That was impromptu, wasn't it?

Maybe I misinterpreted the conversation, frankly ,I don't know anymore...

Gustav

I think he's asking if there's anyway his trick can be done impromptue, not ego.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I think he's asking if there's anyway his trick can be done impromptue, not ego.

Wait.

He's asking is his own trick can be done impromptu?

Perhaps he is asking whether or not there is an impromptu version on the market...

In that case, a simple search will you yield you plenty of results Konceptual!

Gustav

Apr 28, 2008
Wait.

He's asking is his own trick can be done impromptu?

Perhaps he is asking whether or not there is an impromptu version on the market...

In that case, a simple search will you yield you plenty of results Konceptual!

Gustav

That's what I said, I gave a possible way of achieving a very similar effect in my earlier post.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
enough coddling... way too much coddling...

People need to be straightforward in these situations, or else the people on the receiving end will never get it into their minds.

Magic Trick:
Card penetrating through box: NOT original, done before, and done cleaner/ better
Crimp and rubberband: totally unnecessary. you don't need FURTHER clarification that it is their card, nor do you need to make the "penetration through box" part, MORE impossible. Trying to oversell the miracle is one of the worst things you could do and a very amateur-like thing to do.

Video :
I don't want to get started on this... because there is just way too much to say, and no polite way to say it. STOP TRYING TO COPY EVERY VIDEO YOU SEE ONLINE. If you really want people to see and truly comment on the trick, then why film it in the worst quality possible? I couldn't see wtf you were doing. The angle was bad, your movements were forced to accommodate to the video setting and you completely compromised the "professional" aspect of the trick you were trying to get across. All in all, it was really bad.

You keep responding to posts as if you and your friends are this elite magician teem with a primary focus of trying to create and market new tricks, which is totally fine. But you need to back it up with "professionalism." This does not just mean always saying, "thank you for your comments," or "to clarify..." It means very simple things:

1- For crying out loud, please work harder at school. Your English grammar is horrific (if you are not a native English speaker, I apologize). In this situation, you are NOT allowed to say, "this is the internet, and I don't have to use proper English." Actually, you DO have to use proper English if you are claiming to want to "release" or "submit" your tricks. Being a professional at something (Magic included), means you take life seriously and respect the idea of the "professional" in all aspects. Not looking over your post and blatantly showing you obviously don't study enough at school... well, all I can say is, try applying for a job with a resume that says "Objective: To get or job or something like that, yeah, I need the monies"

2- Make a professional looking video. Kevin Ho, Huron, etc... always put 110% into their videos. Which probably meant, re-filming and editing for over 30 plus hours.

3- Don't shoot the video in your bedroom with what looks to be a webcam.

4- The idea of "get rich quick", by trying to "submit" every trick you come up with... it is not professional. In all honestly, it shows immaturity and a lack of patience. It is tired, it is boring, and it is all we see on youtube these days.

To everyone else... for crying out loud, PLEASE, stop taking it easy on everyone that does this type of thing. Things will never improve and magic will become a simple hobby where the criteria for being a decent "magician" is anyone who can stop by their local Fred Meyer, Department store, whatever, go to the goofy "magic section," watch a simple youtube video, and go butcher their first ACR.

if you want to keep the level high, we need to tell things how they are.

Feb 15, 2008
enough coddling... way too much coddling...

People need to be straightforward in these situations, or else the people on the receiving end will never get it into their minds.

Magic Trick:
Card penetrating through box: NOT original, done before, and done cleaner/ better
Crimp and rubberband: totally unnecessary. you don't need FURTHER clarification that it is their card, nor do you need to make the "penetration through box" part, MORE impossible. Trying to oversell the miracle is one of the worst things you could do and a very amateur-like thing to do.

Video :
I don't want to get started on this... because there is just way too much to say, and no polite way to say it. STOP TRYING TO COPY EVERY VIDEO YOU SEE ONLINE. If you really want people to see and truly comment on the trick, then why film it in the worst quality possible? I couldn't see wtf you were doing. The angle was bad, your movements were forced to accommodate to the video setting and you completely compromised the "professional" aspect of the trick you were trying to get across. All in all, it was really bad.

You keep responding to posts as if you and your friends are this elite magician teem with a primary focus of trying to create and market new tricks, which is totally fine. But you need to back it up with "professionalism." This does not just mean always saying, "thank you for your comments," or "to clarify..." It means very simple things:

1- For crying out loud, please work harder at school. Your English grammar is horrific (if you are not a native English speaker, I apologize). In this situation, you are NOT allowed to say, "this is the internet, and I don't have to use proper English." Actually, you DO have to use proper English if you are claiming to want to "release" or "submit" your tricks. Being a professional at something (Magic included), means you take life seriously and respect the idea of the "professional" in all aspects. Not looking over your post and blatantly showing you obviously don't study enough at school... well, all I can say is, try applying for a job with a resume that says "Objective: To get or job or something like that, yeah, I need the monies"

2- Make a professional looking video. Kevin Ho, Huron, etc... always put 110% into their videos. Which probably meant, re-filming and editing for over 30 plus hours.

3- Don't shoot the video in your bedroom with what looks to be a webcam.

4- The idea of "get rich quick", by trying to "submit" every trick you come up with... it is not professional. In all honestly, it shows immaturity and a lack of patience. It is tired, it is boring, and it is all we see on youtube these days.

To everyone else... for crying out loud, PLEASE, stop taking it easy on everyone that does this type of thing. Things will never improve and magic will become a simple hobby where the criteria for being a decent "magician" is anyone who can stop by their local Fred Meyer, Department store, whatever, go to the goofy "magic section," watch a simple youtube video, and go butcher their first ACR.

if you want to keep the level high, we need to tell things how they are.

Very well said, sir! (Applauds in agreement)

Dec 20, 2008
Ok

No, its not a question about professionalism. Its being humble. We are young, and we must learn to respect people in the magic community who are doing magic for a couple of years; or even way much longer than even our whole lifetime. If you think our grammar is bad, well, I have got nothing much to say.
We do this because we are not paid professionals. But it doesn't mean that it the virtue of being humble must be compromised. We can do it professionally, its just that we don't want to, because we admit that we are not. Think about it, if you have a ten year old (btw, we are not 10) provoking you and that he has more knowledge than you, and proves it right smack in your face, you wouldn't like it, period. It is because of the fact that he is young, and that you don't look up to him. So being humble is important. What's the use of professionalism when one is not professional.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results