Palming Coins All Day Long

May 6, 2009
I am very confused that picture. First off, we can't even see what you're doing. Why not show the palm of your hand. And also, why were your fingers curled in? That's not part of the classic palm.

Because the back of the hand is where it is most apparant you are classic palming a coin. All classic palms look the same at the palm view. The fingers are curled in because this is how a natural hand would look at rest.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
What I meant' was 10 years + to truly master it, to get it as good as david roth or david stone. Some people learn at different rates, some people will pick it up faster and for some reason some people it always looks like they're 'squeezing oranges' and they cannot classic palm well ever, I'm not sure why this happens but it does to certain people.

I'm not even sure that David Stone has mastered the classic palm.

This thread is full of so much crappy advice that I'm not coming back to it.

Scott.
Scott, I would implore you to offer some tips! We all know that you are one of the leading coin magicians on these boards. If there are suggestions that you can offer we would be honored to hear it.

Better yet, I would appreciate the discrediting of any faulty or misleading advice offered. I, myself, am sure that there is information throughout my post that my be misleading or require clarification. If it isn't too much to ask, I ask you to offer some insight. Those who have watched your routines and followed you over the past year realize that you have a plethora of firsthanded experience to offer. I personally am aware from merely following your video posts that you may offer advice tenfold to that of mine.

Now,
Fishsticks, I think a picture from the side and from of the palm would allow for an amassed amount of information. I watched your video post and realize that you understand much of what you must buckle down on.

Cory, the only way you can deduce the level of proficiency with the palm is by comparing either a video (favorable) or mirrored image of your performance to be critiqued paralleling a performance of a proficient coin worker. However, simply looking at your hands with a bit of honesty as to how well they look while palming will suffice for the beginning phases palm work as you continue to improve. Watching other sleight-of-hand artists technique and subtleties will offer personal advice that only you will be able to apply, that we cannot offer you.

Hope this helps and all the best,
-Chase

Sep 3, 2007
This thread is full of so much crappy advice that I'm not coming back to it.

Scott.

I agree Scott, but I'll make a point or two.

YES, it is good practice to classic palm the coin whenever you have the chance. I'm not playing here, one time I went to sleep and woke up with it still there.

And that was just the beginning!.. Fishsticks is correct. Just cause you can hold it in your palm forever doesn't mean you've mastered it. Frankly, as others have said, no one has mastered it. If you have there is no way to make it better.

Jan 24, 2010
In the moment.
I feel like once I get it in place its pretty hard to tell by looking at my hand, but I definitely can't do that much with the hand that's palming it. Point and open my hand enough to make it look normal but definitely can't even get groceries without dropping it 50 times =(

Thanks to everyone who's given good advice btw.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results