Pandora by Liam Montier

Dec 26, 2008
Pandora by Liam Montier

Price: £10
Available from: http://www.jamiedaws.co.uk/PANDORA.html and http://tricktastic.com/downloads/pandora.html
Rating: 8/10

Pandora is a collection of very practical, very commercial and very clever magic from Liam Montier presented by Screw Loose Productions. It mostly uses one simple gimmick which anyone can make very easily. All the routines are constructed well and are high impact magic which is very easy to perform.

Right from the beginning you can tell Liam has spent a lot of time developing and working with this gimmick. He teaches clearly how to make it and it can be done in a matter of seconds.

Every routine using this gimmick is clever and easy to do. There are eight in total, three of those bonus tricks. I especially like Half Cut (In which a card stapled to the card case visually changes into a selection). I think it seems so impossible but at the same time it is easy to do. I also like Graffiti very much. In fact, this has now become part of my regular act. You can see a video of this on the demo to truly appreciate how eye popping it is. These are my personal favourites but every single routine on the book is strong and practical – including the bonus routines.

The ebook is very well presented and laid out with lots of high quality images. The text is well written and easy to understand and the pictures go perfectly with the text. The design has been done very well and both Liam and Jamie have done a very good job with it.

In terms of price, I think this collection of ideas is great value. You are paying £10 for a massive amount of magic you can and will use. I would recommend this to anyone. If you are looking for something new and different with a simple gimmick (or even if you aren’t) you will get something useful from this.

8/10.

Ben Prime

Jul 18, 2011
UK
Looks really good, but when you say the gimmick is easy to make, how easy is it really? I've seen others where they said it's so easy to make but ended up not able to.

Sep 17, 2007
It's REALLY easy to make. Really. :)

Liam is not only a friend of mine but he's also one of the most creative magicians I know. Seriously. He has an amazing knack for creating hard hitting, off beat magic that's easy to do. And this compilation is an excellent example of that. Definitely check out this PDF. You won't be disappointed.

@Seanism, on the Daniel Garcia Project, the trailers don't show every effect, but they are all workers and awesome.

I've met Liam and talked to him over emails. He isn't someone to release duff material. All his stuff is awesome. I especially like the Cherry Cola Queen PDF and the Henry Sugar Routine.

Definitely check this out, it is REALLY good stuff!

Simon_Magic

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
But if the effects are good, you would want to show them even for a second. Also the moving the seal label was done in two scenes, the camera flashed, then it moved.

So it would be better if the trailer showed a second of every effect? But if the FULL effect wasn't being shown I guess you'd be annoyed because it only showed it 'in two parts' or something? It's a teaser trailer, not a walk through of every piece of content. I'm not being a douche, just trying to get my point across. Liams material is generally solid.

Dec 9, 2008
Hey all, Ben, Thanks for the brilliant review! The reason I didn't pull a full demo up is because the trailer would then be in excess of 15 minutes. Not sure if you have uploaded to youtube before, but it takes a while. Also, it is only a trailer. It supposed to give a general outline of what some of the effects are. The moving hole, whilst in two frames is the effect as you would see it in full. The demo was originally filmed with speech. But in the end edit, the speech was cut out which left a significant delay. Hence why some second were cut out.

Liam really is one of the most underrated magicians i've ever come across and the effects in this book exemplify just how fantastic his mind really is. We have worked very hard and long on this book to bring out the best possible product. I think its one of the best collection of effects in a PDF I've come across! Please feel free to send any questions to me at jamie@jamiedaws.co.uk and ill answer them promptly!

For another review, check out The Magic Review Blogs Video Review! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRSk5aHYAnk

Jamie Daws

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Liam actually just sent me a copy of the booklet and i'm really enjoying reading through it! Some really cool, fun ideas, really offbeat thinking, the kind of thing I really like in card stuff. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on individual effects and such (A review?), just as soon as i've bought some cards. I'm such a part timer these days.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results